• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Beer glass

julimike54

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Hayden
I'd noticed that after the glass was wiped from a dribble, you could see the little bubbles rising through the beer. No amount of wiping and trying to shoot could I capture that. Note a candle was behind the glass. The glass kept sweating over. Anyone tried to catch that? and how?
IMG_0341.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if you shot it in a walk in restaurant style cooler if you'd have an easier time.

Warm beer, warm glass. No condensation that way. Well, room temperature. Or as mentioned, in a very cold and dry room.

Last edited:
Gotta admit, I'd have never thought of warm beer....eeew. But it'd work for photography.

Life's too short to drink warm beer and don't want to waste beer either (is that a sin?) :) I was thinking of warm glass, but I guess in a cold freezer. Have to use the candle to stay warm, ha! Do you think have a hair dryer blowing on the glass might work?

Darker beers are meant to be drunk closer to room temperature anyway. Or take the shots and get it into a frozen mug and drink it.

Generally,when shooting beer , we don't use real beer. Food coloring in water and the head made from soap. More control that way. There are more things that folks do when shooting foods or beverages. It's all about getting the look you want, so use whatever it takes to get that look.
Tom

Darker beers are meant to be drunk closer to room temperature anyway. Or take the shots and get it into a frozen mug and drink it.

Am I missing something here? Where's the pic?

Many darker and/or higher alcohol beers open up as they warm up. :trust: :sun:

The wimpy beers just taste like Schlitz! :doh: :rofl: :giveup:

Try a Sam Adams pint glass with the lazer etched bottom.
[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UVBR9kuLnrQ"]Sam Adams glass works, not just marketing - YouTube[/ame]

Am I missing something here? Where's the pic?

Many darker and/or higher alcohol beers open up as they warm up. :trust: :sun:

The wimpy beers just taste like Schlitz! :doh: :rofl: :giveup:

Looks like Mike (the OP) pulled the picture because I'm not seeing it anymore either.

Well that's weird. Didn't edit or change anything. I'll try redoing the link, someone advise

Did it work?

Last edited:
I've noticed some of Gary's GoogleUserContent links don't work a lot too.... :ponder:

Yeah evidently Google & TWT don't play well, since it worked & then didn't.
Tried another way, let me know if it works?

Back