• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Before and after processing

WoodButcher

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Myers
It has been quiet in the photo section for a while. I was out with my macro lens looking for bugs and turned my head and saw this image. The first is straight off the camera, no processing at all. Well, no post processing. I took about 10 shots trying to nail focus and get the sun flare that I wanted, so that was pre-processing. Neither are cropped.

IM5_8797-L.jpg

This version has a minor exposure bump, lower highlights, and a little bit of dehaze. All in Adobe Lightroom. Not a major difference, but I like the end result.

IM5_8797-2-L.jpg

What do you all think? before or after?

Petals appear more transparent and delicate.

Curious, the version out of the camera is RAW or JPEG? Edited version looks good to me. Did you move the Blacks slider to the left at all?

Curious, the version out of the camera is RAW or JPEG? Edited version looks good to me. Did you move the Blacks slider to the left at all?
Everything that comes straight from my camera is raw, but of course what's displayed here is a JPEG rendering of it. I don't think that I adjusted the blacks on the second image.

Okay, I checked this morning for exact changes. More than I remembered. Down on highlights (glare, bright spots), but up on Whites. Shoot, easier to just add screenshot of adjustments. Similar on Shadows and Blacks. Boosted the Shadow, but increased the Black to compensate. Dehaze made the biggest difference. Touch of vibrance is what made the magenta pop.

Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 6.52.07 AM.png

I much prefer the after shot for it's crispness and the difference in the background gives it better feel for my taste.

Back