• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Benefit Ride in New Braunfels for downed LEO (hit by drunk driver, saved by passer-by)

Jeff S

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Officer Cormier was out of her car at a stop on I-35, when she was hit by a suspected drunk driver. She's a co-worker a family member. There's a benefit ride next weekend (June 8) to raise money for her and her family (shame that it's even necessary to raise funds from the pubic for a law officer injured in the line of duty).

Apparently, she was hit by a suspected drunk driver, and an off-duty nurse happened to be passing, stopped and make make-shift tourniquets to stop the bleeding. While Officer Cormier's leg couldn't be saved, the surgeon on duty said the tourniquets did save her life by slowing blood loss. Full story here.

Facebook page with more details on the ride. Or, a 100 Club fund-raiser page if you can't make the ride.

Best wishes for the officer. And if it was a drunk driver... :angryfire

He was allegedly drunk, indeed. They caught him and slapped him with a litany of charges. I couldn't find any immediate info on whether or not he is a repeat offender for DWI, but I wouldn't be surprised; the dude is 58 years old. :argh:

Back