• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Best Motorcycle Movie(s)

If we expand to include TV and streaming, then Ride with Norman Reedus deserves a mention. He rode a Triumph Tiger in many of the episodes. Not sure if Triumph sponsors his show, but its great to see them showcasing bikes id want to ride.

norm5.jpg

Here's all I have...

(this is the one I originally posted)

SS
Thanks for posting all those episodes!

I never watched that show. I wasn't even born when it came out. It's very different. In every way. It's incredible how far we've come in 50 years.

I have the pilot movie and all the episodes on DVDs. Love it.

Thanks, Stephen. I'm going to enjoy watching them.

One of my favorites was an episode listed on IMDB as "The 3:13 Arrives at Noon." It's a great life application lesson that I used to use when I taught a Bible class for teens.

Though not a strictly motorcycle film, The Gumball Rally, one of my favoriter "FUN" movies has a hilarious character racing a Kawasaki KH400 cross country. I so identify with this guy at the gas station scene.

Gumball.jpg

Not motorcycle movies, but in the first first movie I starred in, (a grindhouse B sci-fi, “RoboWoman” I play a bag guy biker. (Complete with Perfecto style jacket). (Of course the pics are sideways. Grrrrr). I am with Hollywood special effects wizard and friend Joe Castro (who did a heck of a job on my death scene in the movie)

I also play a dead biker sent to torment the guy who killed me in “The Torturer” (based on the novel “Nailbiters” by best selling author Paul Kane)

Attachments

• 081A4778-1BEC-427B-90CE-1B900EEC5A77.jpeg
    081A4778-1BEC-427B-90CE-1B900EEC5A77.jpeg
    321.6 KB · Views: 124
  • D22AB6E8-136D-49D5-8AAA-5B6EE14E2E4D.jpeg
    D22AB6E8-136D-49D5-8AAA-5B6EE14E2E4D.jpeg
    249.3 KB · Views: 122
Here is an excellent example, and true story.

Ive started the Long Way Up document series with Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman on Apple TV and so far its been really good. The scenery is spectacular!

Based on this thread I bought the movie “Then Came Bronson” from Jeff Bezos.
1. It’s “interesting” very typical for its time period.
2. I was mortified that Holly McClain would take her clothes off at the beach.
3. My wife said I should get rid of my Sportster.
4. If anyone wants to watch it, I’ll mail it to you. PM me.

Did anyone mention the tv series "Sons of Anarchy"? I thought the early seasons were pretty excellent.
It got slow towards the end. Inspired a gang shootout in TX though?

Not necessarily what I would call a "best motorcycle movie" but Netflix is currently showing The Lords of Flatbush starring Sylvester Stallone and Henry Winkler. Neither of them ride a motorcycle but one of the actors rides a nice '50s Harley in the movie. Not sure if I'd recommend the movie unless you want to see a young Stallone. Makes me wonder if that movie inspired the movie Grease that came out years later. Anyone else watched it?

20985_bush_0.jpg

lords-of-flatbush-4.png

Last edited:
Back