• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Beyond Epic 3 motorcycle ride and rally - Sep 4-6, 2010 Clarksville, AR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll add it to the first post in this thread.

Anyone attending that wants to be on the posted list please say so. I'll only add names of those who indicate they want their name on the public list.

I'm in... registration sent. Hugo is riding up with me. First riding since the knee surgery- see how it goes.

Sign me up on the public list--also, anybody want to share a ride from DFW area? I live East of Terrell and have a Honda Element and a two bike trailer, plus a 16' trailer with no truck to pull it.

Dave Bell
Campana

I'm in. Also have Andy and his family,and his new KTM 990. A fellow worker of mine, Johnny will be there too. Johnny has a KLR.

Sounds like real fun. If I can get make my bike street legal by then I might join you guys. Never DS'ed in the states before though...

If you don't mind I do have a few questions:

Can you help me build a check list of what to bring or do if I can make it (any special tools to bring when DSing? etc)

I can get around 100 miles between fill ups - do you think that'll do?

where can I leave my truck during the day, where can I leave the bike at night (and how to secure it)? do you guys usually just leave the bikes on the trailers / use the hotel garage / sleep with one leg tied to the bike :-) ...

Thanks and my apologies for all the newbie questions (the ones above and the ones to still come..)

Mati

Mati,

The tools you want to bring should include:
- basic tools needed to work on your bike (sockets, ratchet, wrenches, etc.)
- any special tools needed (say a unusually sized socket to remove a wheel axle or a special spark plug socket specific to your bike)
- everything required to fix a flat (tire spoons, patch kit, air pump, extra tubes)
- zip ties
- duct tape
- parts for your bike that would likely get damaged in a mild crash or tip-over (like an extra front brake lever and a clutch lever)

You will need to carry personal health items such as water, sunscreen, hat (for when you aren't riding), etc.

100 miles between fill-ups is doable. Still, it would be a good idea to carry an extra 1/2 or so of fuel.

The rally motel has a large parking lot - plenty of parking for trucks and trailers. That's where I park mine throughout the event.

I carry a disk lock and lock my bike up at night in the parking lot in front of my motel room

I have quickly removal soft luggage for the my bike that stays in my hotel room when I'm not riding.

Mati,

The tools you want to bring should include:
- basic tools needed to work on your bike (sockets, ratchet, wrenches, etc.)
- any special tools needed (say a unusually sized socket to remove a wheel axle or a special spark plug socket specific to your bike)
- everything required to fix a flat (tire spoons, patch kit, air pump, extra tubes)
- zip ties
- duct tape
- parts for your bike that would likely get damaged in a mild crash or tip-over (like an extra front brake lever and a clutch lever)

You will need to carry personal health items such as water, sunscreen, hat (for when you aren't riding), etc.

100 miles between fill-ups is doable. Still, it would be a good idea to carry an extra 1/2 or so of fuel.

The rally motel has a large parking lot - plenty of parking for trucks and trailers. That's where I park mine throughout the event.

I carry a disk lock and lock my bike up at night in the parking lot in front of my motel room

I have quickly removal soft luggage for the my bike that stays in my hotel room when I'm not riding.

Thanks Richard.

I'm going to start ordering all the parts I need (lighting kit, bigger fuel tank (4 gal) , etc) right away and hopefully I'll have the bike ready, inspected and registered on time to join you.

will there be any other offroad -orientated riders? in case I can't make it on Saturday morning can I join you guys for Sunday's and Monday's rides?

Thanks again for all of your guy's patience.

Mati,

There will be a variety of riders, mostly dual sport guys. Some of them will certainly be riding dirt.

The rides are Sat and Sun. On Monday morning the rally is over and most will head home.

Mati,

There will be a variety of riders, mostly dual sport guys. Some of them will certainly be riding dirt.

The rides are Sat and Sun. On Monday morning the rally is over and most will head home.

O.K, I'm in.

just sent you the registration form and payment.

I'm still not 100% sure I can make it but I figured it is better to register and then not to make it then to show up last minute.

I look forward meeting you guys, hope you'll go easy on me..

Rich, I'm in with Norbert. Bringing my new wings also!!!
2010-08-06 19.32.46.jpg

Anyone from the Houston area riding to Clarksville on the 3rd?
It would be 550 mi from my home... and I need to make up my mind soon.
:ponder:

Camilo D.

Registration sent / Fee PayPal'ed / Hotel reserved.
I am in!
:rider:

Camilo Diaz

Alright, my room is finally booked :eek2: At least I didn't wait until the last minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back