• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Beyond Epic 3 motorcycle ride and rally - Sep 4-6, 2010 Clarksville, AR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richard, pls correct my entry in the first post, it is cdc.
Thanks,

Can you recommend a front tire that will fit the type of terrain we'll ride ? I have a MICHELIN AC-10 (rear) but my front tire is not DOT (MICHELIN s-12), so I need to change it before the ride.

Is it rocky? usually wet? do you think a MICHELIN AC-10 front or the MT-21 will do?

Thanks and sorry if it s off-topic

Anyone from the Houston area riding to Clarksville on the 3rd?
It would be 550 mi from my home... and I need to make up my mind soon.
:ponder:

Camilo D.

How about from the DFW area....
Camilo

Mati,

I've not run either of those tires so I can't really give any advice.

The dirt roads in the area range from class 1 - 3. On the class 2 & 3 roads my experience is that they are a mix of rock and dirt with leaves mixed in. And I think every time I've been in Arkansas it has rained on my. That being the case, if I were concentrating on the dirt there my preference would be knobbies front and rear. If I were riding a mix of paved and dirt I would run a knobby up front and a dual sport on the back.

For a front knobby I've had good luck with the TKC80. It works fine on both dirt and pavement for me.

How about from the DFW area....
Camilo

In, Camilo. Kinda. Still checking on a few things before deciding to go, but if I do I'd be up for the ride up there. A couple other guys might go as well. I'll keep checking the thread for updates.

The mt-21 is nice on the road for a knobby tire and very good offroad...except for muddy conditions. Or that was my experience. It just tended to wash out a little more than an offroad knobby when it got muddy.

Which reminds me, anybody trailering up from the Austin area Friday afternoon? I need to work on Friday, but hope to leave early. I'd be happier sharing the driving and gas. I have a trailer that can fit my GS and another bike. Probably not another GS, but my DR goes in just fine.

In, Camilo. Kinda. Still checking on a few things before deciding to go, but if I do I'd be up for the ride up there. A couple other guys might go as well. I'll keep checking the thread for updates.

XoZe - I will be keeping an eye on the thread also. I can leave early from W. Houston...

Camilo D.

CDC,
Myself and two others are going with a trailer. We'll have place for one more person if you don't want to ride up. We'll be leaving on the 3rd. We'll depart from 1960/Veterans Memorial area. Diesel split 3 ways is better than 2! :lol2:

XoZe - I will be keeping an eye on the thread also. I can leave early from W. Houston...

Camilo D.

CDC,
Myself and two others are going with a trailer. We'll have place for one more person if you don't want to ride up. We'll be leaving on the 3rd. We'll depart from 1960/Veterans Memorial area. Diesel split 3 ways is better than 2! :lol2:

That would be fantastic!
My bike is a Yamaha FJR1300, is there room?
Please let me know and also let me know if I need to buy straps, etc.
Thanks!

Camilo D.

Plenty of room, it's a 16' trailer :lol2:
If you have straps bring them, I have bunch of straps but you can never have enough straps!

That would be fantastic!
My bike is a Yamaha FJR1300, is there room?
Please let me know and also let me know if I need to buy straps, etc.
Thanks!

Camilo D.

Plenty of room, it's a 16' trailer :lol2:
If you have straps bring them, I have bunch of straps but you can never have enough straps!

Solorider:

I will PM to make arrangements.
Thank you!

Camilo D.y

Cool. I'm glad he's coming along and still enjoying the DS riding.

Hi Rusty,

I rode with you the first day at Junction (older guy with a blue KLR) ---anyways, I have a cargo van that holds one motorcycle inside, and have a trailer hitch (but I don't have a trailer). I am interested in sharing the ride to Arkansas and can haul your motorcycle with your trailer--if interested.
I live in Southwest Austin and you can contact me at 512-786-8004 to discuss.

Thanks
~George

Hey Richard,

Greasemonkey & I are coming up, so add us. I'll register when I get there. I cannot use PayPal right now; the M/C I use on there has been canceled, because, someone charged a air boat/train trip from London to Paris on it.

Hi Rusty,

I rode with you the first day at Junction (older guy with a blue KLR) ---anyways, I have a cargo van that holds one motorcycle inside, and have a trailer hitch (but I don't have a trailer). I am interested in sharing the ride to Arkansas and can haul your motorcycle with your trailer--if interested.
I live in Southwest Austin and you can contact me at 512-786-8004 to discuss.

Thanks
~George

Thanks George, you were the second one to speak up so I was holding off to see about timing with Centextom. That was looking good until he remembered other plans :doh:

I'll send you a private message and we can do some coordinating.

I'm in. Got the check in the mail. Hope I made the cutoff. I think the postal clerk said I did, but she must have had a tough day 'cause she didn't seem too friendly.

Booked a single room for $42 as well. Last non-smoking single.

I'm riding up from Fort Worth on Friday. Here's my intended route.

CDC,

Just bought a chock from Harbor Freight... looks strong and well built and for $30.00 . . .[PN: 96349].

Chock.jpg

Now I need to double check my front tire fits well, etc.

Done with the 'ground testing'. And the installation 'template' ready...

BikeonChock.jpg

Good job CDC! That looks real good, I might have to get one for myself.

After a small drama, the Berg is plated, the 4 Gal tank got in today and I am finally ready.

I'll be leaving from Carrollton on Friday early after-noon. If any one needs a ride I'm pretty sure I can accommodate another bike on the back of the truck.

Will be making reservation for a room later on today (unfortunately only smokers are available).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back