• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Beyond EPIC 4: Sep 2-5, 2011, The Ozarks

PM'd you. Trailering. I've got to work a half day that Friday so it has to be the trailer because I'm not getting up early to work, then riding that many hours just to get there at midnight. Even thought the last part is interstate, that just doesn't appeal to me.

:clap:

PM replied to.

Richard, I'm 75% in. I'll have my registration money to you within the next two days. This'll be my first journey away from home on my lil GS so be gentle. :trust:

I have a hall pass from the boss for the Friday prior.

I have a kitchen pass from the bride for the weekend.

I've sent my paypal payment for registration and a ride guide.

I've secured a tag-along transport up there.

Now all I need to do is reserve a room.

:clap: :thumb:

Rick M is in , motel reservation made ... Hopefully bringing !!! with
Big A
Big Don
Stingray
Motorod
Sprocket
Clark
Mudclod
:eek2::clap::rider::eat::rider::eek2::giveup:

Guys, I'd love to do this ride. I'm gonna try and talk my buds into making the trip but we are all hard core(but legal) dirt riders and we have all done the terlingua rides a time or two. From those that have been there before I'd like to know just how much dirt can we expect to see?

There will be road riding too , yes? My Trophy is not so good in dirt, and even gravel roads are more work than fun.....

Guys, I'd love to do this ride. I'm gonna try and talk my buds into making the trip but we are all hard core(but legal) dirt riders and we have all done the terlingua rides a time or two. From those that have been there before I'd like to know just how much dirt can we expect to see?

There are a couple of recent ride reports about DS rides in Arkansas. I think all were in the area, but these were for sure: http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59212 and http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57778

There will be road riding too , yes? My Trophy is not so good in dirt, and even gravel roads are more work than fun.....

Yes, there will be both street and dual sport riding. The Trophy will be very happy. I did all street last year.

Yes, road riding too. Lots of great road riding. Everyone is welcome to this one - it's not dual sport only (though to be fair the majority will be dual sporters). The road riding is so spectacular in NW Arkansas.

Im new here but not to riding at all. I am very interested in going on the EPIC trip. I will be riding my Fz1 so no major off roading for me. I plan on riding there from Waco, so if there's anybody that would like to ride with me feel free to contact me via email WhittRated@yahoo.com.....Cant wait.

P.S. Does anybody know what the temps are that time of year in Arkansas?

Im new here but not to riding at all. I am very interested in going on the EPIC trip. I will be riding my Fz1 so no major off roading for me. I plan on riding there from Waco, so if there's anybody that would like to ride with me feel free to contact me via email WhittRated@yahoo.com.....Cant wait.

Oh....and my birthday is September 1st so I will def have permission to join!!

Does anybody know what the temps are that time of year in Arkansas?

During that time of year the average morning low is mid-60s and the average high during the day is high 80s to low 90s.

If it gets a little too hot, just do like Jack! :mrgreen:

This looks like a great ride... I will try to make this one... anyone else leaving from the Fort Worth area the morning of?

Are some of the fire roads wide enough for hacks?
Photo0102.jpg

Richard, this sounds great!

Do you know off hand if there is an RV park close by? I can look it up as well....

If my AirHead is ready...little street and a little DS :mrgreen:

Best of both worlds!

OK, I'm in. Leave San Antonio so as to arrive Clarksville Friday afternoon. Looking at return trip via Natchez Trace to Vicksburg then back across to San Antonio.
Looking forward to meeting the group.
jf
06FJRAE

OK, I'm in. Leave San Antonio so as to arrive Clarksville Friday afternoon. Looking at return trip via Natchez Trace to Vicksburg then back across to San Antonio.
Looking forward to meeting the group.
jf
06FJRAE

Great bike....:trust:
Planning to be there too.

Re: CONFIRMED ROOM - wanna share??

Hi again, all.

I just confirmed my room reservation at the

Days Inn Clarksville
2600 West Main Street
Clarksville, AR 72830 US
Phone: 479-754-8555
Fax:479-754-2045

Arrive Thursday 1 September, depart Monday 5 September.

The reservation is cancellable / changeable. In case I end up leaving Thursday and staying somewhere else along the way, so as to arrive Friday (but not late).

Current intentions are to leave HOUSTON on THURSDAY AM, to arrive in Clarksville on Thursday.

Would love to ride with someone(s) from Houston, and even meet up with someone(s) along the way.

The part someone may care about:

I reserved a room with two (2) queen beds. Non-Smoking. I snore, but do keep clean, and don't have any intention of getting drunk and trashing the room.

1/2 the room will be $118 total.

Email me directly at nchristie(at)alum.rpi.edu - I do not often visit this site.

Stay safe,

Neil

Let me try this again... Have you found a roomate yet? My leg should be healed up by then. All I gotta do is convince "Household 6" that this mission is necessary... I will be riding from Austin on a KLR, so I don't go much faster than 70MPH.

Re: CONFIRMED ROOM - wanna share??

Let me try this again... Have you found a roomate yet? My leg should be healed up by then. All I gotta do is convince "Household 6" that this mission is necessary... I will be riding from Austin on a KLR, so I don't go much faster than 70MPH.

NO, I've not found a roommate yet - you're cming up Thursday? Be happy to split the room with you.

Would also love to have company for the ride up ... but, I'm on a Triumph Trophy, and a 70 mph limit is not a great fit. You'd feel rushed, and I'd become impatient.

The offer for the room is solid, though - email me direct at - nchristie@alum.rpi.edu - and let's figure the details.

And looking forward to meeting you, regardless of how we get there.

Thanks

Neil

Mailed in the registration today for myself and Jay McDaniel,
Looking forward to riding with everyone again !

My girlfriend and I will be leaving Waco early Thursday morning and getting a room between here and there Thursday night. I plan on doing 75% of the ride there Thursday and waking up Friday morning and taking a couple hour ride to the Days Inn in Clarksville. I am going to estimate travel time with my GPS tonight and see how many hours it is there. We dont like to ride more than 4 hours because of my stock seat. Again, iof anybody wants to ride with us from Waco, let me know.

Hello,

For the dual-sport rides I was wondering how far will we need to be able to go before re-fueling.

I was thinking about a larger gas tank but they seem to all be plastic. I wasn't sure if plastic tanks were street legal or not.

Thanks!

Dan

Back