• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Beyond EPIC 4: Sep 2-5, 2011, The Ozarks

I'm not sure what bike your are on, but alot of us have plastic tanks. Rick tries to get at least two hundred miles on a tank of gas. Some of us have the Kolpin tanks on our bikes to achive the two hundred threshold. DR's WR's, all the replacement tanks are plastic, they work great !

I am riding a WR250R and my dad will be on an XT225. I will look into getting bigger tanks for both. Need some luggage for mine too!

Thanks for the suggestion!

Dan

Wolf man soft luggage seems to be the popular choice! I have them on my KLX, work great and are expandable as my needs change.

Hope to see you in Ark !!:rider:

Hi,

What kind of bike do I need for Texas Adventure rides? I don't have a DS right now, but have been shopping for an XR200. Is a plated XR200 fast enough for Texas Adventure rides? I have short legs, btw.

It depends on who you end up riding with and where the route goes. On this particular ride, I think the interstate through town is the only fast area and most of us avoid that. The rest of the pavement sections are 55mph or lower, as I remember. Groups tend to form each day based on riding style and the routes planned. If you get with a group that is looking to get to the dirt soon and take it easy pace wise you'd be fine for the Arkansas trip.

That bike would do well down in big Bend. Lower speeds on the pavement and sand and rocks off road. The Junction ride has a lot more pavement and the xr200 wouldn't do as well there. Cloudcroft it would be good on the trails.

My wife and I just came back (to Houston) from the Ozarks. Three days of riding AR7, AR23, and AR123. 23 and 123 are both claimed to be "better that the Tail of the Dragon". We based at "The Hub" between Jasper and Harrison.

The roads were some of the best I've seen. Very well paved, cambered, signed. Some traffic (slow logging trucks etc) but not too bad.

Here are some trip notes (still in progress)
http://tayaratravels.blogspot.com/

Route+v1.png

Dear Honored Epic 4 Event Ride Planners:

Regarding Epic Clarksville Event:

Has the "Beyond Epic 4 Theme Song Subcommittee" completed a selection for this Epic Event? I know they are busy. I think I have found a Epic song that may be appropriate. It even features a few motocyles. Off-road even.

It comes with a video. If you watch the video closely you'll see an early mobile phone, unicycles with training wheels, a few unsuccessful flight attempts (no,they are not in any way related to what we try do on two wheels:rider:).

Any way, if its not too late, please submit this suggestion to the Beyond Epic 4 Theme Song Subcommittee for review and consideration.

PS: I'm not riding to Clarksville. I think I'll take the train. The last train. to Clarksville. Leaves at 4:30. See you at the station.

And, I'm not Monkeying around! :drums:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGLx4WenGwQ&feature=related:jammin:

Got a head count yet?

I might have to see if I can get the KLR running... Been too long since the last good DS ride, like last August! :eek2:

Scott,

A dozen folks have registered to date. Past attendance has been around 50 riders.

Think I'll get the dust off of the KX 250 and go along

I am "iffy", might have to have surgery on my foot. I need some alloy legs and feet :borg:

I'll be there along with Rick M, can't wait, hope we have one of those "one more mile rides",:giveup: and those AWESOME steaks at the bar.:eat::chug::eat3: And coconut cream pie at Oark. (are you getting the hint of why I ride?):lol2:

Dangit. Same weekend as Texas' home opener against the vaunted Owls of Rice University. I'll be keeping my eye on this as time draws near. I don't think I've missed a home opener in 26 seasons. On the other hand it has been three? years since I've had a quality motorcycle road trip.

Hotel reserved... registration to follow.
Check Hotels.com for a 20% promotion on the Days Inn.

Registration sent, arriving Thursday for an extra day of :rider:...

I'm in, going to ride the Goldwing over. Jerry, if you are lurking what route are you taking maybe we can meet up somewhere.

Anyone from Austin trucking or trailering, or want to share mine and a room???

well ive gone from tentative to definately IN. Looks like Tom and i are going to head up there on the Thursday.

Will get the paypal to you sometime today Richard. Is there any chance the gpx files will be ready prior to heading up there?

Im in!!!!:clap::rider: Jason and I going up from Round Rock on Thursday for an extra day!

wife said yes.
boss said yes.
paypal sent.
hotel booked.

now i just need to work out how to carry an extra gallon of gas with me.

What sort of range is needed anyway? i figure the 3.3 gallon on the ktm should be good for 120-130 miles, will that cover it?

Back