• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Beyond EPIC 4: Sep 2-5, 2011, The Ozarks

man this is coming up fast. i keep thinking its a couple of months away :eek2:.

last weekend i replaced the rear fender, added bar risers and a power outlet for GPS, but had to stop there 'cause it was too bloody hot :giveup:.

Still have the upgraded stator to add, oil and filter, valve check, then check every nut and bolt on the thing for tightness. normally i really enjoy this stuff but looks like im going to have to get up at 6am one weekend morning to tackle it all just to beat the heat. :shock::yawn:

They are getting rain, too, aren't they John? :scuba:

We got a couple good days of rain now, took a short ride yesterday and many of the rivers/creeks actually have water in them now :lol2: Still need more though or all of it will be dried up in a week.

Looks like the elevation in Clarksville is about 400 feet if anyone is planning on rejetting their bikes.

Clarksville is down in the AR river valley just a few miles north and you start climbing. Most of the riding will probably be done between 1K and 2K feet. Temps SHOULD be in the 80's (who knows with this crazy heat wave were in right now).

One little FYI, keep in mind a more then a few bridges got taken out earlier this year with all the big storms. Plan a little extra time for detours for routes that you haven't tried in the last year.

I will be leaving Waco EARLY Friday morning if anyones wishes to join me. Im riding my V Strom 650 and will have a passenger. Mr2Mch from this forum is going to make me a map so I will have a great route for the ride up there without being bored to death or bothered by that N. Texas traffic. I would really like to leave around 4AM friday morning but that is not set in stone. If anybody wants to join us, contact me @ 254-709-4860,Phillip

We got a couple good days of rain now, took a short ride yesterday and many of the rivers/creeks actually have water in them now :lol2: Still need more though or all of it will be dried up in a week.
Thanks for the updates, H.O.
:clap:

Registered. Looking forward to seeing some great paved and unpaved roads!

Rich.:giveup: Sent Registration for me and Brad Wade. xl and xxl for him. Watch out for Norbert he is going to get crazzzy:lol2:

got the ride guide Rich, have to say, bloody impressive! everything you could need for a great trip.

The wife and i are leaving S.Ft.Worth at around 2:45 pm Friday, trailering the Wing, if anyone wants to convoy up- man that "dates" me doesn't it! Email me at lynnboyd56@yahoo.com

I will be leaving Waco EARLY Friday morning if anyones wishes to join me. Im riding my V Strom 650 and will have a passenger. Mr2Mch from this forum is going to make me a map so I will have a great route for the ride up there without being bored to death or bothered by that N. Texas traffic. I would really like to leave around 4AM friday morning but that is not set in stone. If anybody wants to join us, contact me @ 254-709-4860,Phillip

We'll see you in Waco at 4:00 AM. Dang that's early.

Add two more to the ride! My dad and I will be going both on WR250r's.

Richard if I sent money via paypal, do I also need to send in the paper registration?

BTW, if anyone has any tire issues while you're up here I've got a Harbor Freight manual changer that Ya'll are free to use. I'm about a mile away from the Days Inn.

BTW, if anyone has any tire issues while you're up here I've got a Harbor Freight manual changer that Ya'll are free to use. I'm about a mile away from the Days Inn.

Good deal HO. We sure could've used it this weekend as we worked on our first go-round with a nail-in-the-tire. After a few tries, we finally found the technique. 'cept that I pinched to tube against the bead lock on install. :pound: Plan to try again this evening with a new tube, and pay closer attention at the bead lock.

I'm heading out early thur morn. Anyone else? Ride'n my KLR up. Less it rains, then trucking it up.

Richard, just finished reading the ride guide for the first time. :clap: Excellent! So many routes, "I need me a week, but I'll be back for you Jack, and I'll let the machine speak." (little Billy G. there) Really, I need more time. Perhaps we could convince Washington that it would be good for the economy to extend labor day this year. :rofl:

Having never been on one of your rides, I'm not sure how this usually works. Do people group up as to which route they want to take at the morning briefing?

Thank You, for all you do for us, and to your 3 amigos, John, Jack and Jerry.
This is going to be FUN. :rider: Yeah, I know I already said that. Sam

Having never been on one of your rides, I'm not sure how this usually works. Do people group up as to which route they want to take at the morning briefing?

Sam,

There are a couple of ways of linking up with other wanting to do the same ride. Usually if there is a particular route someone wants to do they just ask around to find others wanting to do the same route. Second, during the morning riders meeting I facilitate helping riders link up with others wanting to do the same route.

We tend to be a friendly group so it's easy to find folks to ride with.

Special Bonus Ride: The John Murphy Special

Okay, Riders, I've got great news. John "El Matador" Murphy has volunteered to lead a ride on Saturday along a route that has been specially designed for this important and momentous occasion, aka The John Murphy Special.

This route consists of class 1 and 2 roads only, making it beginner and big bike friendly.

John will be at the riders meeting on Saturday morning to answer any questions and get the ride organized.

El Matador? Yep. John faced off against a 1000 lb bull a few years back at the Texas Adventure Ride. He stared the bull down till it ran away with its tail between its legs. John "El Matador" Murphy, the most interesting rider in the world? You decide.
507120157_9LrGJ-L.jpg

Just to be clear, John isn't guaranteeing there will or will not be bulls on the John Murphy Special. The only thing he guarantees is that if you ride with him you will be In Good Hands.

Back