• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Beyond Epic 5 - Ozark Rally, May 26-29, 2017

I will be at the Holiday Inn Express also coming in Thursday night. The sunset Inn just called me with a room vacancy if anyone is interested.

Getting in early enough to grab dinner? I still have your cell number. I'll call around 6:00pm-ish...

Scott, I think I will but it depends on traffic. I will post when I have a better idea of when I will be in town.

An FYI...............I just canceled a room at the Holiday Inn for the nights of May 25-28. Good luck. Here's their phone number 497-705-7600. $$$ Be forewarned, they have raised their prices for the weekend.

An FYI...............I just canceled a room at the Holiday Inn for the nights of May 25-28. Good luck. Here's their phone number 497-705-7600. $$$ Be forewarned, they have raised their prices for the weekend.

I noticed that when I made my reservations via Expedia. The price shown was $78/night. When I went to actually make the reservations, it was $14 higher than that! (Not including the taxes). Kind of smacks of a bait and switch... I did go ahead and make the reservations though because I still got my rooms for under $100 and for a hotel that nice, I'm okay with that price every now and then.

Guys, the forecast is not improving. I have waited till this late hoping it would improve, but it seems to be a little worse than yesterday. I am officially calling this one canceled. Riding these trails when wet is just not much fun. I will mail the hats out to everyone who has registered. Of course if anyone wants to go anyway, they are welcome to do so. I hope the forecast is wrong.

Last edited:
Aw come on now. You know riding this area when its wet is a total hoot!
Just not real adviseable for those of lesser experience.
Sorry we wont get to see you guys up here this time. Hope the reschedule works out better.
If any of you inmates do make it up this way, plesse stop by the ranch and join us for some adrenalin filled riding.

I just saw this sitting in my hotel room in Nashville with my trailer loaded with both bikes and a non refundable hotel room in Clarksville tomorrow night.

Need to check the weather but one way or the other I will be spending a night or two ther at the holiday inn...

And wilderness snag a trials bike while I was busy too.

Not a great day so far. Lol

We're still going.

Forecast for Huntsville (on Hwy 23) is good for Friday, 50% chance rain Saturday, then good for Sunday and Monday.

Last edited:
I see you have an ear infection, hope it gets better. I will be there too and figure out something fun to do.

We will get even with woods. He can enjoy his victory now, but should be afraid, very afraid. LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since it's canceled anybody wanna go to Barnwell Mountain on Saturday? Forecast looks good, and its only 2 hours from DFW?

FYI rain is down to 20%, fri, sat, sun and mon.

I see you have an ear infection, hope it gets better. I will be there too and figure out something fun to do.

We will get even with woods. He can enjoy his victory now, but should be afraid, very afraid. LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Goyko, what is Barnwell Mountain? Where is it? I have a super busy weekend with my daughter graduating so can't go this weekend but sounds like a place I would like to check out in the future...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Mike sorry (well almost) about snagging that trials bike. I saw you were eying it as well.
You need to take a ride up here from Clarksville. There will be a bunch of us TWTers riding on the ranch. So far we have dodged the rain and it is getting dry. Today is another stellar riding day, sunny and cool! Even if we do take a few showers in the next couple days it will still be great riding. All you need to do from Clarksville is ride north on Hwy 21 towards Kingston we are only an hour of beautiful twisty asphalt away. After you cross over the Buffalo River on 21 heading North, and go back up the mountain leaving the Boxley Valley. Watch for a cross road intersection with Madison Co dirt road #3260 going left to Red Star. Take this road South for 4 miles through the woods until you come to my ranch pastures and driveway on the left. We have signage at the driveway you can't miss it.

Come on by & lets ride!

Badtex You are also invited. If you want to have an Ozark adventure this weekend come on up. I think the weather is actually going to be pretty good for riding. Probably take a shower or two at some point, so not a lot of dust, or excessive heat.
Come on up...you know you want to!

Donny and I tease of course she will be part of the inner circle LOL

Looks like I'll make it to Clarksville by about 7 PM tonight

Goyko, what is Barnwell Mountain? Where is it? I have a super busy weekend with my daughter graduating so can't go this weekend but sounds like a place I would like to check out in the future...

Best riding you can get within two hours of DFW

Barnwell Mountain Recreational Area
6284 TX-155, Gilmer, TX 75644
https://goo.gl/maps/SacHu4WUXcT2

There will still be a group of us riding pavement. I think we are all staying around the corner at the Holiday Inn. Arriving tomorrow evening.

I am hoping to do some dirt riding as well I have both likes with me

Thanks Goyko! I will check it out..

I just pulled up and checked in at the holiday in express the weather is spectacular can't wait for a cocktail and some dinner

Oh I got confused I think there are two rides now on this thread I am in Arkansas at the holiday in express

I'm still coming, but with my older son only, younger one got sick and is not gonna make it. Plan is to be in Clarksville around 5-6 pm Friday nite. I'm bringing both bikes and am hoping to do some dirt. I may check out Wilderness riders place:sun:

Doh! Daniel is bummed about missing Jesse!

We got into Clarksville at 3:00pm. Weather was PERFECT! So we checked in and went for a fantastic ride!!

Everyone should recognize this spot!
cdd6eae92b46f0e75424177f26697902.jpg

Ice cream in Mt Judea after blasting up AR 123!
95bf7d639cc52e8ef1f7ffd201f2c712.jpg

Ran some great dirt east and south of Mt Judea down to Falling Water Falls.
1e9912f442a2a4cbc6f2a7c1258137d3.jpg

ef548c61c55356397be6e5655b8e588a.jpg

714c856146660650d5b32721b6c2350a.jpg

c2a6e8c965425598dc664f41c8e0c10b.jpg

541fbdd708b0a0c0cde5d09574b1edbc.jpg

43cc72cde09412d3af2b99726f2df480.jpg

8ad22a8994c898d842677c0bc4fb0cf8.jpg

be953207c39a2e13cbd0222f7e8ad0a4.jpg

Alive but sluggish because of a FULL belly!
67ae9d7f7d9f734f082cec0aa45a4a26.jpg

4377830cd5086ba31ce10cccfbb7f846.jpg

LOTS of wildlife!! Many deer, turkeys, possums, suicidal squirrels, and more. The run from the falls back to Clarksville on 16 and 123 was just a blast, even dodging the deer!

Back