• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Beyond Epic: Aug 28 - Sep 1 2014, The Ozarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Beyond Epic: Aug 28 - Sep 1, The Ozarks

Dirt or paved . . .?

I'm still entertaining the thought of bringing the DR650 shod in semi-street tires for a semi-hooligan weekend. I wouldn't have to worry about breaking triple digit speeds, just enjoy the scenery.

I'm still entertaining the thought of bringing the DR650 shod in semi-street tires for a semi-hooligan weekend. I wouldn't have to worry about breaking triple digit speeds, just enjoy the scenery.

If looking at paved roads, I would stick with the more comfortable to try to cover more roads, not necessarily fast . . .

Maybe I bring both. I'll be there for 2 or 3 full days of riding.

Tapatalk on a Note 2.

Leaving DFW at 2pm on Thursday. With the workload I've had lately I'm seriously considering trailering the bikes up there. A friend just got a pretty sweet deal on a trailer so we'll load the Tiger & the Strom & drive up there.

I'm considering this ride if another doesn't pan out. I'll ride the wing up if I get to come, maybe cdc can show me how to ride those great Arkansas roads.

This one is too close to miss. As long as Levon (the baby we're expecting) doesn't arrive early. I should be able to make this one.

In

Reservation at "days inn " placed.

I have a room reserved - currently Thurs, Fri, and Saturday nights (but can extend to Sunday).

2 queen beds, I only need one.

Anyone want to split the room cost?

I don't snore too loudly, don't sleepwalk, don't smoke, don't party.

Neil

Can you count me in in this Neil? We rode together some 3 years ago. My wife isn't coming this year and I'm riding the wing. Pm me if you want.

Is CDC riding up with you? I rode some with him at Roll The Bones last Fall. We had a blast.

Ok guys, I've got the room claimed with Neil.

Can you count me in in this Neil? We rode together some 3 years ago. My wife isn't coming this year and I'm riding the wing. Pm me if you want.

OH - OK - I remember you now. Cool.

I am going up alone, as of now. My son is in the Coast Guard, in Sallisaw OK (Arkansas river is navigable inland waterway, Coast Guard maintains safety of navaids in navigable inland waterways.....) and that is about 1:10 west of Fort Smith, so I am visiting him for a couple days on the way up to Arkansas.

< 5 weeks to go......

Neil

Cool deal.

Is CDC riding up with you? I rode some with him at Roll The Bones last Fall. We had a blast.

I am planning to be there.
This will be another opportunity to see your back in the intersections before you disappear! :trust:
Looking forward to this too.

Is there a group riding up from Katy?

I have managed to secure a provisional kitchen pass for this event, but it came with a condition. She Who Must Be Obeyed does not want me riding alone from Katy to Clarkesville so I am looking for someone to tag along with.

Im riding from dfw thursday at 2pm if anyone wants to join.

NSA, this post is just for you.

Camilo you are a funny man!:lol2::rider:

Charitto, where are you leaving from? I work off Everman Pky just on the south side of Ft.Worth and I plan to ride up after work on Thursday but I don't get off until 4:30.I do plan to ride a straight route as best as I can at a spirited" pace. Coming back a more scenic route Sunday or Monday. I'll pm my number to you if you want to try to ride together. I don't want to change anyone's plans but it will be hot during midday that week( unless we get another surprise cold front like last week!):clap::rider:

Sorry oI misspelled your name Charrito!

Charitto, where are you leaving from? I work off Everman Pky just on the south side of Ft.Worth and I plan to ride up after work on Thursday but I don't get off until 4:30.I do plan to ride a straight route as best as I can at a spirited" pace. Coming back a more scenic route Sunday or Monday. I'll pm my number to you if you want to try to ride together. I don't want to change anyone's plans but it will be hot during midday that week( unless we get another surprise cold front like last week!):clap::rider:

Got you PM. I'll be leaving from Addison. The plan it go get off work early from Las Colinas, back to Addison to pick up the bike, then meet Santiago & Cheez somewhere & ride up.

Santiago is still not 100%. Cheez still needs to confirm time. But I agree, it will depend on the weather. I'd rather get there later in the day if the temperature is still hot. But if the weather is somewhat decent, I do want to head out somewhere around 2:30pm.

We can play it by ear as the dates get closer.

Good deal. Do you have a route in mind?

As fast n straight as possible.

NSA, this post is just for you.

My thoughts too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back