• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Beyond Epic: Aug 28 - Sep 1 2014, The Ozarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if he has one yet, I'll ask him. Who is looking to share?

DrBlackbird:
Ivan did find a room.
Nice of you to trailer him, looking forward to meeting you.

I'd gotten so excited about this trip that I was thinking it was next weekend!:eek2:

It was last weekend Lynn. We all wondered where you were. We had a great time! I guess you didn't see the After the Ride Report in the other section? :rofl:

Lol! Funny man. Not many who attended would know me anyway so I doubt I was missed!

Bless you my brother! Will be good to see you again. Know of any great roads near Clarksville?

Yep. Only a few, but they are good. One that you will scrap pegs on with your GW. :-)

Are you riding street or off road? I've ridden quite a few of the roads around Clarksville, Harrison, and Mt. Magazine. I could live up there if I was retired!

Good deal! See you there. I'll get in Friday evening sometime.

Thanks Camilo! I hope to be there before lights are needed.

Got my K12 all ready to go. New shift lever bushings tightened up the lever (great BMW design, NOT). Ordered a new tinted shield for my helmet. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Will have all day Friday and Saturday to ride. Just won't be riding with JT. Not this time around anyway. I'm sure he'll be around in the evenings though to share a beverage with. :trust:

Ive been considering bringing my Roadstar Silverado to ride the pavement but considered this trip more of a dirt adventure BUT after reading about all the couples that will be riding the pavement for at least one day ive decided to bring it so me and the wife can cruise the surrounding hills....
We will get there early thursday and will try to get in some sightseeing that afternoon. Friday im ready for some serious offroad trail riding....saturday maybe a mix of the two....
See yall in Clarksville....

It looks like I might be able to make this trip. There's only a few rooms left in the more expensive motels in Clarksville. I would rather camp anyway. Any recommendations for tent camping in the area?

It looks like I might be able to make this trip. There's only a few rooms left in the more expensive motels in Clarksville. I would rather camp anyway. Any recommendations for tent camping in the area?

Paved...?

Paved...?

Camilo, I looked at Clarksville on Butler's Ozark map last night. Almost every road around it is a twisty! Must be an incredible place to ride. But, in a moment of sanity, I remembered that I'm riding back home from Colorado on the 27th. That's too quick of a turnaround for me. I was looking forward to riding with you. There will be another time.

Currently it's 84 degrees, feels like 89, in Clarksville. 08/17/14 at 3:50 p.m.

Camilo, I looked at Clarksville on Butler's Ozark map last night. Almost every road around it is a twisty! Must be an incredible place to ride. But, in a moment of sanity, I remembered that I'm riding back home from Colorado on the 27th. That's too quick of a turnaround for me. I was looking forward to riding with you. There will be another time.

Maybe Mena 9/18...?

Hopefully this link works: https://www.google.com/maps/@35.456...m4!1e1!3m2!1skK3mZMj4brkXXNLtcMKsaw!2e0?hl=en

read the white banner. :rider::clap:

pure-gas.org lists 3 stations in Clarksville. That Shell I have in the street view link above, a fuel business (no pumps showing on street view, just tanks) and one on Highway 21 heading out of town. So, if you have never tried ethanol free in your bike, here's a chance. Last time up there my MPG went up significantly while using it and still having fun riding.

Oh, link to Pure gas in AR : http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=AR Note that the map link it has for the Chat and Scat is wrong. It links to county road instead of highway 21. Hop due east to highway 21 on the map and you'll find it.

Last edited:
Re: Beyond Epic: Aug 28 - Sep 1, The Ozarks

Cancelled my room at the inn if someone wants to get it.
I'm going to camp .
Coming along with my wife on Friday. Riding with you guys one day on dirt and riding street on another day with the wife.

I'm planning on joining in the fun; camping, too. Vinny (and anyone else planning to camp) do you know if there's a preferred camping site for the event? I see Spadra Park on the Arkansas River is closes to the hotel but it looks more like an RV rather than tent-focused campsite. Any ideas / suggestions?

BTW, I'm planning on doing the ARI course as well, is anyone else doing it?

I'll be riding my Wee from Dallas on Thursday in the AM. Not too early, but would like to take the scenic route and arrive sometime in the afternoon with plenty of time to get oriented and find camping before dinner time. I'm open to riding together if this time frame and approach work for anyone else coming from (or through) the DFW area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back