• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Beyond Epic: Aug 28 - Sep 1 2014, The Ozarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Beyond Epic: Aug 28 - Sep 1, The Ozarks

I'm planning on joining in the fun; camping, too. Vinny (and anyone else planning to camp) do you know if there's a preferred camping site for the event? I see Spadra Park on the Arkansas River is closes to the hotel but it looks more like an RV rather than tent-focused campsite. Any ideas / suggestions?

BTW, I'm planning on doing the ARI course as well, is anyone else doing it?

I'll be riding my Wee from Dallas on Thursday in the AM. Not too early, but would like to take the scenic route and arrive sometime in the afternoon with plenty of time to get oriented and find camping before dinner time. I'm open to riding together if this time frame and approach work for anyone else coming from (or through) the DFW area.

I'm sorry to say I'm canceling our trip. My brother is visiting for a little while before leaving for an 8 month South America trip starting at the end of the month......and it's too hot to camp for me.

Check the Redding Recreation area for camping. It's great camping , great sites , great river and about half an hour from Clarksville.

:rider:

^
Make absolutely sure his gear has been washed after his shower in a golf course...

From mobile

Well - I had plans to take the DRZ up for the weekend but some thieves in OKC had other ideas. Might bring the beamer though.

Where did this come from?
9706d67fd4e664d2047ee99a508a610e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rain expected Wednesday to early Friday, then sunny Saturday and Sunday according to weather.com.

High-viz rain gear is the ticket.

RB

It's time for another Beyond EPIC rally
My Ozark Adventure ride guide is available if you need/want one. This guide book is similar to my other guide books and includes both pavement only and dual sport routes. Maps of the forest service roads are included with the guide, as are downloadable gpx files for all the routes. You can order a guide now and I will mail it to you before the rally.

Hey Richard.......While looking at different riding areas in Arkansas, I ran across a few videos on Y-Tube of a riding area called Mill Creek.....Do any of your routes/plans include this area.....??
Could you also bring a couple copies of your DVD and Maps you are promoting on your site.....Would be interested in perhaps buying one for future rides..............
......Thanks, Doc
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9HJ8OLQSBA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9HJ8OLQSBA[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyMBt3S-98U"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyMBt3S-98U[/ame]

Doc,

Mill Creek is one of a few designated off highway vehicle (OHV) riding areas in the Ozark Mtns. It's designated for those vehicles that aren't street legal. The forest service provides maps of the trails in Mill Creek. I didn't include any legal off-road riding in my guide book - the guide includes only public roads (paved and non-paved, but roads nonetheless).

Yes, I will bring a few ride guides with me.

[emoji1]
Appears the weather forecaster in their earlier forecast were just trying to make sure we had our rain gear with us. Now is muchooooo better.
d3dae468b1a8fe1b63417f45b335e8ce.jpg

Let's Ride!!!!!!
It must be time to goooooooo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

These trails look great for some advanced single track riding......Do any of your plans or ride groups plan on including this area..?

Doc,

I don't have any plans on riding Mill Creek. I don't know what plans others may have. If you want to ride Mill Creek your best bet is to circulate the hotel parking lot talking to the other riders and see if you can get a group together.

Last edited:
Trailer ready and strategically stored for Thursday trip at Solorider's...

We have a bartender! Enough time for you to get set up for the arrival of the rest of us. Thanks, JT!

I'll stock the the ice chest for the first round, any requests? :mrgreen:

Weather forecast has changed again! Now zero rain on Wed/Thur but Fri/Sat/Sun has 80%/60%/40% chance of thunderstorms. What will the forecast be like tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back