• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Beyond Epic: Aug 28 - Sep 1 2014, The Ozarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a positive note it looks like the Austin region might get some rain. Thur 80%, Fri 50% and Sat 30%. We have trees and such dying at our place and I've even watered them recently. The ground is so dry and it's been so hot... hope it rains. The ground has cracks the size of Harley Davidson's rider ego's. :eek2:

Trail Boss (Richard) has written a book with some routes in it. Some dual sport and some paved only. He should have some along for purchase, I believe. Also, find a group that seems to have similar skills as you and see if you can tag along.

Will there be maps or suggested routes available for the off road crowd? Bringing the KLR.

Best to contact Trail Boss before so you can download GPS routes/tracks and load onto ur GPS. If you take a computer with you and can find internet I guess you can wait.

ATGATT. Lee
" I never worry about getting lost.
I just change where I plan on going."
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 years ago....

Christ2-Sept2010006.jpg

Riders,

I'm leaving for Clarksville tomorrow afternoon. I will have limited to no email access once I leave so if you want a ride guide, gps routes, etc, make your purchases now.

See you there. Pray for Sunshine.

Good morning.

First, I am already in Oklahoma, but left some gear at home. Anyone leaving from near northeast Houston could swing by and pick up my rain suit, gloves, boots?

Second, I have a 2-bed room booked, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and can extend to Sunday nights, and my planned room-share may not be able to make it, we will know tonight. Anyone interested?

Thanks

Neil

Neil, go ahead and get somebody for the room. I don't want to hold you up. I'll head south instead. Sure wanted see the gang! Maybe next year!

4 years ago....

Christ2-Sept2010006.jpg

Hmm, I was just packing last night and that shirt was one that went into the suitcase. And I still have those riding pants. Four years ago, you say? Guess that stuff really lasts.

This statue is on a hill over Eureka Springs. Free admission.

That and the Pea Ridge National Military Park (Civil War Battlefield) were two surprises we found on that loop. We got to see them file a canon when we were at the battlefield.

Good morning.
Second, I have a 2-bed room booked, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and can extend to Sunday nights, and my planned room-share may not be able to make it, we will know tonight. Anyone interested?

Thanks

Neil

JT has claimed the half-a-room.

See you'all on Thursday!

When I grow up, I want to be a Weather Man....Naght...:eek2:
I don't think I've ever seen a forecast change as much as this one has over the last 10 days....One minute 80%, then 20%, back up to 60%.......Now....who knows what........We were going to do the Dirty Scene.....But with wet slippery rocks and wet clay on the sides of cliffs.......4 of us are taking a rain check.
Hope to see some Sunny pictures in the after Ride-Reports.....Have fun

Arrived and took a spin up to Mt. Magazine...the temperature is in the 80s, clear skies, and a light breeze.

:sun:

RB

Attachments

• mt-magazine-aug-2014.jpg
    mt-magazine-aug-2014.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 269
Neil, go ahead and get somebody for the room. I don't want to hold you up. I'll head south instead. Sure wanted see the gang! Maybe next year!

WHAT???
You get me all exited to chase you in the Ozarks and now this...

From mobile

Hmm, I was just packing last night and that shirt was one that went into the suitcase. And I still have those riding pants. Four years ago, you say? Guess that stuff really lasts.

This statue is on a hill over Eureka Springs. Free admission.

That and the Pea Ridge National Military Park (Civil War Battlefield) were two surprises we found on that loop. We got to see them file a canon when we were at the battlefield.

Rusty-Bridge.jpg

From mobile

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back