• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Beyond Epic: Aug 28 - Sep 1 2014, The Ozarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe I am not going to be joining you guys. I love riding the Ozarks. You are right in my backyard, Clarksville is only 50 miles south of my ranch. But I have a TORN race this Sat & Sun. It is the 6th out of a 10 race series. If I don't race I will lose my top 3 position in the standings. I hate that I'm not able to do both. No matter which one I choose, I will feel like I am missing out... because I will be.

Taking off.. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409241145.039982.jpg

From mobile

I am here and checked in, see one trailer with a dirt bike, no other cars. 88 deg F and 10% clouds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, I'm out. Still hot here, bike is packed and in the office lot, but line of scattered storms popping up along planned route up. I can reroute, but I just get the impression that the rest of the weekend will be that way. I've got limited play vacation days so the risk of spending too much of it hunkered down waiting out t-storm cells seems too great. You all have fun and torture those of us that bailed with pictures.

I'll be canceling my room shortly. It was a room with one bed if someone was needing one.

Same reasons as Rusty, I'm out. (Or, without LYNYRD there's just no reason to go on. Hahahaha)

Just road the Pig Trail and I can vouch that it has plenty of bacon left! I took CR216 to 103 back to Clarksville. A little occasional shower but Sunday is shaping up to be excellent for riding.

Thanks JT for the cold Negra Modelo.

thumb.gif

RB

Have to give a shout out to the folks at Lone Star for busting their butts to get my new bike ready in time for me to make the trip. But like Rusty said, the chances of watching it sit in the rain from the motel window were too great.

So, going to stick closer to home this weekend, make the pie run, get some local riding in, get caught up on some work, and bolt all the Touratech stuff on the new bike. I'm registered and paid for Mena, so will be seeing y'all there. Won't let the weather kill two trips in a row after missing riding most of the summer.

Almost there...ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409263674.997476.jpg

Too bad Thomas and Rusty canceled!

From mobile

Got here yesterday evening, staying in Russellville at RV Park. Rode up near Branson today back across the Peel ferry and back down Push Mountain to Russellville. Won't be able to post pictures until I get home next week. Plan on being in Clarksville tomorrow morning to see who is riding (we are street riding for the most part). We are going to do some riding towards the south tomorrow to Mount Magazine then down close to Hot Springs and back up through Petit Jean and over to Mt Nebo.

First, I am already in Oklahoma, but left some gear at home. Anyone leaving from near northeast Houston could swing by and pick up my rain suit, gloves, boots?

Neil I was planning to ride up for the weekend and could bring your gear as I'm just down the road from your house. But now it looks like I might have a work appt Saturday morning I cant get out of so not sure if and when I can come. So if anybody else can help you with this request ignore me and take care of it for him. But on the chance I do get out of town PM your number so I can bring your gear if not already on its way to you.

_

Dang, that stinks!

It does stink but I am blessed to have another bike to ride and no real problems in life to speak of. It was my stuff that they stole but it was just stuff. I've been hauling bikes all over the southwest for 20+ years and rarely locked them up when staying overnight. This time I did and they got stolen. Go figure.

It does stink but I am blessed to have another bike to ride and no real problems in life to speak of. It was my stuff that they stole but it was just stuff. I've been hauling bikes all over the southwest for 20+ years and rarely locked them up when staying overnight. This time I did and they got stolen. Go figure.

Hi SB, I am sharing a room with Neil. Camilo, CDC brought the gear up tonight, so its all sorted out. Thank you.
JT

Hi SB, I am sharing a room with Neil. Camilo, CDC brought the gear up tonight, so its all sorted out. Thank you.
JT

Well, I messed that up. This should have been a reply to Silver Bullets offer to help bring the riding gear for Nchristie, but I guess I flunked Forums 101. Thanks SB.

Neil I was planning to ride up for the weekend and could bring your gear as I'm just down the road from your house. But now it looks like I might have a work appt Saturday morning I cant get out of so not sure if and when I can come. So if anybody else can help you with this request ignore me and take care of it for him. But on the chance I do get out of town PM your number so I can bring your gear if not already on its way to you.

_

It's raining at my house this morning,1.31" so far. I waaas planning to start out for the Texas hill Country around 8 this morning but looks like I'll delay departure for a few hours.
I'm thankful for the rain. Ya'll ride safe and keep your wood dry...

Kind of concerned about weather in Austin...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409326632.135291.jpg

From mobile

We prayed for no rain, still got some...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409360617.575406.jpg

From mobile

But it was dry up to 3pm. If you watched the radar you could avoid most of the rain. 80% chance again Saturday. I type this as we're sitting in the motel parking lot enjoying it not raining.

Tapatalk on a Note 2.

We sure do miss the adventure bike riders that chickened out. Guess they aren't as hardy as they say. It seems to have rained more in Austin than in Clarksville.

Tapatalk on a Note 2.

Looks like all the rain passed during the night. Have a nice day of riding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back