• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Beyond Epic: Aug 28 - Sep 1 2014, The Ozarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the Sunday route plans?

Probably 123 again down to Mt. Judea and back up again to Clarkesville. I love the intense set of turns on picture book smooth asphalt. We will probably leave around 8:45 in the morning after breakfast. Where are you staying?

RB

Today us street riders did roughly 300 miles of pure awesomeness. We did get rained on for all of about 2 minutes. Mt Magazine and Mt Nebo were awesome. Then 7 up to 123 to Mt Judea. Back down 7 then 123 to Clarksville. Just fantastic riding.

Tapatalk on a Note 2.

The road crew sweeping Highway 123 today.

:rider:

mt-magazine.png

Today us street riders did roughly 300 miles of pure awesomeness. We did get rained on for all of about 2 minutes. Mt Magazine and Mt Nebo were awesome. Then 7 up to 123 to Mt Judea. Back down 7 then 123 to Clarksville. Just fantastic riding.

Tapatalk on a Note 2.

Have to agree...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409458684.436526.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409458726.736116.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409458779.119442.jpg

From mobile

And I went to the Hill Country where it was dry and high of 96% and missed all this fun with you guys.

Senor Skynyrd,

There is the planned Mena rally at the end of next month for another chance to ride the majestic area. We had a great time. There are some stranded URAL stories from solorider that caused some interdepartmental tension at the end of the day. However, the issue was soon resolved with the nightly circle of wisdom.

:trust:

Thanks to Richard for making the entire event possible. The camaraderie was super as always.

Cheers,

RB

I'd like to do the Mena ride but I work Sundays(church minister of music) so I don't get many Sundays off. Thanks, have a safe trip home.

It was about the same distance to Clarksville as it was to Big Bend and I loved both trips. My wife was not with me but I vowed to bring her to the Ozarks and either ride or drive those awesome roads. Mt Magazine is beautiful too and it's no wonder Gravel Guy loves to go vacationing there. I never thought I'd like Arkansas but that area has me smitten. Thanks to Richard for making the trip possible, I wouldn't have done it myself. Met some new folks, had some great laughs and there really wasn't a road I didn't like. The weather turned out great too with a few scattered showers that if you watched the radar you could ride around easily. Some folks got soaked (like JT's group dual sporting) but as I mentioned earlier I only had a cumulative 3 minutes of rain over 2 days riding. Now to go through all the pics I took...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back