• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Big as Texas Party

Splash

User's account inactive by request
Inactive Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Harkins
Anybody attending? Riding one of scheduled rides?
I’m heading up Wednesday the 25th, have reservations. I’m signed up for the short ride.

My New name “splash “formerly known as STing. My riding buddies think it’s more appropriate since I successfully dropped another bike in another low water crossing.

I would have named you , more appropriately like "the long ranger"

Just keep posting

I’m taking a long distance virgin with me, Ray is going to do his first SS1000. I’m not sure if I’ll do the ride or if I do, complete it. I was told just after my Round All Texas Ride I have an aggressive cancer. 3 weeks ago the Docs told me it had spread to my bones, so now have two types. I’ve been on chemo for the first for about 2 weeks and it has knock me back a bit. Five days prior to leaving for the Big as Texas Ride I start a second type of chemo for the bone cancer. I’m concerned the combination is going to take a toll. But hey,***, “That Ain’t Far, Let’s Ride”. Trying and failing is not a crime. I think I heard it in movie,”get busy living or get busy dying”. Giddy Up!

Tim,
Sorry to hear about the cancer. No, I'm not going this year as I've got too many pots in the fire this year and have had to cut back here and there. I hope you make it and have a good time; I thoroughly enjoyed last year's event.

Back