• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Big Bend - a guide for all motorcyclists

Richard,
Of the 8 dual sport rides, how many are outside of the park?

3 1/2.

Three d/s routes are completely outside the park. One route includes both riding inside and outside the park

Richard I sent you the $$$ via paypal this morning for the ride guide...

Thanks and looking forward to the ride...

Payment made via PayPal.

Looking forward to the ride guide and the ride...

Got mine today. Looks good, well put together and lots of useful information. Thanks Richard.

It's got me looking forward to the "non-event", I REALLY need to get out of town!

I just realized that the last vacation I took (last summer) was...dual sport riding in Big Bend! :roll: I guess I know what I like.

Pay-pal sent.

Thanks for your troubles. Always like your guides. They are starting to need their own area in my library:clap:

Richard, sent paypal for Big Bend - a guide for all motorcyclists. I hope I can get it before I leave to Big Bend next Thursday. Sorry I was so late ordering it, I just logged in Monday and didn't find the thread to the guide until last night. I look forward to meeting you and other TWT members at Uncles.
SteveON

Richard, sent paypal for Big Bend - a guide for all motorcyclists. I hope I can get it before I leave to Big Bend next Thursday. Sorry I was so late ordering it, I just logged in Monday and didn't find the thread to the guide until last night. I look forward to meeting you and other TWT members at Uncles.
SteveON

Hi, Steve.

I can drop your packet in the mail to you tomorrow. Or, if you prefer, I can bring your packet to Big Bend and you can get it from me on Friday morning at Kathy's. Let me know which you prefer.

Thanks.

If you can mail it today or tomorrow I should have it in plenty of time. I'd like the chance to do a little reading on the way down so I can be ready to ride once I get there. Thanks!
SteveON

Richard- got the guide in today...looks great. Look forward to meeting you guys at Kathy's on Friday morning.
Steve

Got the ride guide, but TexasAdventure.net is down due to exceeding the monthly quota, so I can't download the .gpx file.

Can anybody pm me the file at this late hour?

or email it to me at r i c h a r d . k i l b y at gmail.com (remove spaces and replace at with @.

Thanks!

Hey riders,

My apologies about the issues with the web site. I didn't realize how much additional traffic it has experienced this month. I've upgraded my account with my internet provider and my web site should be back up and running within the next 24 hours.

Richard

Just made my $27 payment via PayPal. I'm already spending waaaay too much time planning the exploration of Big Bend that six of us are planning in May!

Thanks.

Richard,
I just sent paypal payment. I have never been to BB and I am planning a ride in mid Oct. for pavement only. Does your guide discuss good/bad weather months. Thanks

Does your guide discuss good/bad weather months.

Yes it does. Oct is a great month to ride there. It will still be quite warm down at the river and out on the open desert floor, but the mountains and evening will be very nice.

Back