• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Big Bend; A new adventure. April 2010

Good advice on the stones. I had lithotripsy done a couple days after we got home and have passed most of the one on the left side since the trip. It was scheduled before the trip. I have a couple on the right side that are gonna get it next. :trust: The two times I ended up in ER I was unable to pass anything. They do have better drugs though. My pain comes from the kidneys before the stone has dropped into any of the plumbing. The pressure builds up and then they'll shift a little and the pressure is relieved. I had one 30 years ago removed by surgery and went this long without any troubles. I'm hoping the lithotripsy will fix me up for another 30 years.

Great RR, we were there exactly 1 month before you, the weather was absolutely perfect, 40 - 70 and not a cloud in the sky!!!!! We are planning to go back in the fall, maybe around Oct.

Good RR, excellent pictures and to top it all off, I got to see a fire fighter fall into the water. Yep, good times. :lol2:

Last week my riding buddies and I were finally able to execute a long planned trip to Big Bend to ride some previously unseen areas. The idea came up last year, vacation was planned in January, and finally the time for the trip came last Wednesday, April 14. Now time to share the ride. Here is a little teaser photo.

1.jpg

Hey Big Red, I spent 20 years working that area as a Texas Game Warden. Very pretty country to ride but watch out for the longhorns.

After three days tinkering with the DRZ carb and discussing the upcoming Uncle ride, I had to reread this one out of nostalgia. Good stuff out there.

Back