• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Big Bend at Christmas

Reaction score
Once again a group of us are heading to Big Bend about the day after and coming back on the first or the day after. We will be staying in Study Butte. This year if there is interest we will be starting out at the State park for a few 2-3 days. They have a bunkhouse there that sleeps 30, 15 boys and 15 girls for a very reasonable 35 dollars a day. You do have to bring your own food but there is a large community kitchen for all. To those that have not been there it is outside Persidio and has no gas or groceries. You do have to be street legal, it`s a rugged place with class 3 and 4 jeep trails and totally different terrain from the National Park..
If your interested chime in here with your questions..

BBRSP is some great riding and I really enjoy the entire BB area. I'm doubtful at this stage, but maybe I'll get to come for a little bit.

I’ve looked at the schedule closely. I’m working it. Probably will have to make it out later in January or February instead, but there remains a slight hope.

Also giving this a much needed bump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reservations made Going to Study Butte on the 23rd then down to BBRSP on the 26th until the 29th then back to NP until the 2nd..

Last edited:
Reservations made Going to Study Butte on the 23rd then down to BBRSP on the 26th until the 29th then back to NP until the 2nd..[/QUOTE

I will make my reservation right away for those dates. In the bunkhouse at BBRSP?

Mark

Back