• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Big Bend at Thanksgiving Week, 2019

Dahveed

Forum Supporter
After the last few years of doing Big Bend at Christmas and experiencing "mediocre" weather, a local suggested we should look at Thanksgiving week, so that's exactly what we're doing.

We have a small group already committed and we're inviting YOU to come out too.

Generally we've stayed Big Bend Resorts & Adventures and we meet up every morning at the Chili Pepper Cafe for breakfast (both the food and the wifi are great) and planning that days activities. But there are many other places to stay and eat in BB. I know some of us will be camping (at the same place) as well.

I'll be likely coming out Friday (11/22) or Saturday (11/23) and returning Sat (11/30).

Post up here if your planning on coming...

First Name
Steve
Last Name
Sellers
I am interested, Dahveed. Are you riding your GS or trailering your WR? I haven't been out to BB in 3-4 years and need that "BB fix". I will only be able to stay for 2-3 days, though.

Dahveed

Forum Supporter
I am interested, Dahveed. Are you riding your GS or trailering your WR? I haven't been out to BB in 3-4 years and need that "BB fix". I will only be able to stay for 2-3 days, though.
I might be taking both on a trailer. For sure the WR is going. But there is plenty of great riding for little or big bikes out there. Plus hiking, rafting, etc...

Hope you can make it. I missed you at Rod's Kerrville thing.

randypower

Forum Supporter
First Name
Randy
I just booked Rancho Topanga camping spot for Sun-Fri. I'm still unsure if I'll make it, but thought I'd pass along Pat's (half of Rancho Topanga ownership ) comments that they are always packed that week. Anyone interested in going should think about making hotel/camping reservations early.

Dahveed

Forum Supporter
Yes, I think that is a busy time of year for them. I just booked at the BB Resort. I had actually called the front desk earlier and left a message. Nobody ever called back, so I called their booking service instead.

First Name
Tom
Last Name
Lowry
Interesting... I am getting a little saturated with the Christmas Crowd out there. Used to be fun but the influx of tourons has kinda sucked the fun out of the party. This thread, an eye open I will keep.