• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Big Bend at Thanksgiving Week, 2019

The book failed to load because it's too big. Let me maybe try another approach and upload it to a google drive and share that link.

What's the name of the book?

As for the ice cream meetup I'm working again this Friday evening (3P to 1130P). Seems like a number of people are heading down on Saturday, is there a place everyone will be going for dinner? Or just the breakfast meetup on Sunday morning?

We’re putting together a WhatsApp group to communicate there. If you want to be a part of that, let me or Jeff (Tossinglead) know.

What's the name of the book?

As for the ice cream meetup I'm working again this Friday evening (3P to 1130P). Seems like a number of people are heading down on Saturday, is there a place everyone will be going for dinner? Or just the breakfast meetup on Sunday morning?

BB book.jpeg

Here's the cover of the book. You can buy them at the Chinos basin book store. I purchased one and scanned it. I'm working on the drive thing this morning.

[emoji2356]
I was among those irritated when the MexTrek leader decided to use WhatsApp during their ride, for several reasons. That was an organized ride and less coordination during the ride should be necessary. Most importantly, it meant those of us who didn't go then didn't get the benefit of stories and pictures shared, with updates.

I'm this case, it's a fairly large group of individuals coming and going with only a very loose plan. Awesome, but more adhoc coordination is needed (are we meeting for dinner? Anyone want to go today? etc.)

This isn't my ride/thread, but my opinion is WhatsApp will be helpful for the adhoc planning and shouldn't replace story and picture sharing on the forum.

I was among those irritated when the MexTrek leader decided to use WhatsApp during their ride, for several reasons. That was an organized ride and less coordination during the ride should be necessary. Most importantly, it meant those of us who didn't go then didn't get the benefit of stories and pictures shared, with updates.

I'm this case, it's a fairly large group of individuals coming and going with only a very loose plan. Awesome, but more adhoc coordination is needed (are we meeting for dinner? Anyone want to go today? etc.)

This isn't my ride/thread, but my opinion is WhatsApp will be helpful for the adhoc planning and shouldn't replace story and picture sharing on the forum.

no, this will be the site for official photos and stories, but WhatsApp is better for short messages like “I’ll be at the front porch in 5”. Notifications on this site are iffy for me. Sometimes I get them, mostly I don’t.

This should not be the “Store and Picture” thread
Dahveed should make one in the proper forum location and make a link to it.

I've never used WhatsApp. Guess I can install it for the purpose of this trip. I won't post pictures so they don't end up on the wrong thread.

I've never used WhatsApp. Guess I can install it for the purpose of this trip. I won't post pictures so they don't end up on the wrong thread.

You don’t have too. It’s completely optional. We started out creating a text group, but WhatsApp is much easier to manage a group with. Like I said, I don’t get notifications on this forum well at all, so it’s not the best way to contact me about immediate plans.

I would encourage people to take photos of notable events and share them here.

Awesome thanks! I Googled the book and found a 1980 edition LOL, I will buy one at the park when I am there

I’ll check the date on my copy. The roads don’t change too much, but maybe they should update the book every 20 years or so.

Comment about what’s app . Yes it’s a bit intrusive as pictures taken by others became part of my personal photo collection. I sure there was a way to stop that but I’m a bit challenged at these fancy phones. However there were two instances where riders got it a bind and needed help. I thought the app proved to be helpful in those situations. I deleted the app after my part of the ride was over. This was during the last mex trek ride.

Comment about what’s app . Yes it’s a bit intrusive as pictures taken by others became part of my personal photo collection. I sure there was a way to stop that but I’m a bit challenged at these fancy phones. However there were two instances where riders got it a bind and needed help. I thought the app proved to be helpful in those situations. I deleted the app after my part of the ride was over. This was during the last mex trek ride.

Saving other's photos on my phone's album annoyed me, but I think there is a setting now to not have it save those photos (settings: chats: unclick "save to camera roll"). WhatsApp is very popular in many other countries and Mextrek Amigos group is pretty active.

Thankx yall for the turning off the photo saving hint. I use WhatsApp for another activity group and photos are annoying.

Yall have fun at Thanksgiving and be safe. Im with Gina on being out there in February.

OK, I installed the app. I don't want to be one of the not-cool kids and a social outcast. I succumb to peer pressure like a snowflake.

Leaving for Study Butte in less than 48 hours. Just not being near East California (Austin), or any metropolitan area, is a vacation. I told my wife the truck and trailer will be hooked up tomorrow and ready to roll at 0600 Saturday morning. She'll need her coffee before we leave, she's one of those people.

OK, I installed the app. I don't want to be one of the not-cool kids and a social outcast. I succumb to peer pressure like a snowflake.

Leaving for Study Butte in less than 48 hours. Just not being near East California (Austin), or any metropolitan area, is a vacation. I told my wife the truck and trailer will be hooked up tomorrow and ready to roll at 0600 Saturday morning. She'll need her coffee before we leave, she's one of those people.
I’m one of those people too! Coffee is good! No, make that GREAT!!

Interesting... I am getting a little saturated with the Christmas Crowd out there. Used to be fun but the influx of tourons has kinda sucked the fun out of the party. This thread, an eye open I will keep.
Hey Tom, I'm here at the Study Butte RV park in my normal spot. Lost the last digit of your phone # and my old # on a newer version of the trac ph doesn't have any signal here. So contact me at 563-249-9939. I stopped at Wild Horse on a lark yesterday and they said that you were rolling in last night.

I would love to make it, and have been wanting to take the Kawasaki-X 300 to Big Bend, but on such short notice I asked the work and they said too many people are already off on the week after Thanksgiving so I can't make it.

Back