• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Big Bend at Thanksgiving Week, 2019

482D7B75-F8E9-497F-9D00-EFAEB6C1DFA6.jpeg

Looks like a great time! Which make it worse to accept that I won't be making it down. Mounted up some new tires yesterday and discovered my wheel bearings are totally shot. Replacements wont arrive until Friday, at which point it too late to head down. Will have to be better prepared next year.

244s a good tire!

Actually that is a kenda k270, not the Shinko.
There are multiple manufacturers that make tires with near identical pattern, I think it was Bridgestone that made the original in the 80’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Actually that is a kenda k270, not the Shinko.
There are multiple manufacturers that make tires with near identical pattern, I think it was Bridgestone that made the original in the 80’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Learn something new every day!

I worked my first few years as a young engineer at Lockheed. All the old managers that retired died within a year. Not sure whats up with that, but it helped me realize I did not want that as a career path...

Looks like a great time! Which make it worse to accept that I won't be making it down. Mounted up some new tires yesterday and discovered my wheel bearings are totally shot. Replacements wont arrive until Friday, at which point it too late to head down. Will have to be better prepared next year.

You don't hafta wait a whole year. Aim for this in February

Don’t wait, life is uncertain. Do the maintenance on your bike now and come down for Uncles or anytime. Now through mid March is best. It gets hot in April-June. Still hot July-September. October it starts getting good again. I’ve come the last couple of MLK weekends and had nice weather.

1B429429-B4F0-4974-B5DC-8AC0A7AC4C37.jpeg

Here is a calendar of events to help you decide when to come.

Last edited:
It won't hep you this time, but most motorcycle wheel bearings are pretty common and can be had at most auto supplies, if you know what to ask for, or they can be measured and matched at many bearing houses. There are a few of those around this area.

Back