• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Big Bend Christmas to New Years Picture Thread

DSCF1582-X2.jpg

DSCF1576-X2.jpg

DSCF1599-X2.jpg

DSCF1594-X2.jpg

DSCF1595-X2.jpg

DSCF1625-X2.jpg

DSCF1630-X2.jpg

DSCF1647-X2.jpg

DSCF1660-X2.jpg

DSCF1650-X2.jpg

DSCF1667-X2.jpg

DSCF1643-X2.jpg

DSCF1607-X2.jpg

DSCF1602-X2.jpg

DSCF1675-X2.jpg

DSCF1602-X2.jpg

Happy New Year !

DSCF1679-X2.jpg

And...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6ovSxnV_g4"]Chisos Mt Road - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB7DhuDRkNg"]FILE0178 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-uWIN90I3Y"]David at the Step - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Hi Tom, thanks for posting the pics and videos. I sure wish I had made it out there this year, just couldn't swing it.

Hi Tom, thanks for posting the pics and videos. I sure wish I had made it out there this year, just couldn't swing it.

Yeah, missed riding with you this year John. After sitting in the palapa for a couple days last year in the nasty weather and not being able to ride, decide to take the Jeep along this year. Glad I did. :thumb:

See you next year.

You all went home too early , nothing but sunshine since Tuesday , I even rode the bike to breakfast at Chili Pepper today . Those snow picts look cold . SEYA

The jeep photos are sweet , good thing it wasn't on at Fresno overlook . SEYA

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't run into all of you out there. I should have wandered over to Roger's at some point, but I had my wife and daughter along and they were less interested in visiting with my riding friends. I didn't realize Dave and Tom were around until the last night we were there. Should have known that.

i-kFnZjzN-L.jpg

I'm once again thankful for all the good times and friendships from our Big Bend winter seasons. The memories of all those great times inspires me to "keep on keeping on.
Hey Bob, always enjoyed our rides together the and after-ride libations at the porch.

I'm once again thankful for all the good times and friendships from our Big Bend winter seasons. The memories of all those great times inspires me to "keep on keeping on.
Hi Bob, good to see you are still at it! I wish I could make it out there this year, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom
Thanks for posting that one Tom. I do miss getting out there with everybody.

I don’t miss it near as much as I thought once I started covering miles in Wyoming although the BDR did make one of my favorite remote spots a traffic jam , but I was riding against the current so I didn’t have to pass anybody .

BF485416-85F0-4892-A22E-F9C3BFE65C4E.jpeg

wyoming is big enough I have no problem riding without traffic but I don’t mind sharing the trail at all

708CEFCB-0541-4446-B952-19E4A4EC1016.jpeg

im happy to pull over and enjoy the view

FFC7310F-9241-44F7-9790-6DC49CBAFCF5.jpeg

the trail crossing the picture above the bush is that trail from above .

10 years ago Jan3

BBC2005E-BD3B-4019-BB4F-FC897A0EF158.jpeg

before the turons mobbed Terlingua and you could walk into anyplace after the first weekend of the year and knew most of the people in there by name , when Waldo lived there .

10 years ago Jan3

View attachment 340310

before the turons mobbed Terlingua and you could walk into anyplace after the first weekend of the year and knew most of the people in there by name , when Waldo lived there .
If it makes you feel any better, as soon as you are half a mile off of the paved roads, it is no different than it was 10 or more years ago. And since we camp and eat what we cook at camp, we honestly hardly notice the changes other than there are more buildings on the sides of the roads around Study Butte. In the park and out on the ranch, it is the same as it ever was.

Sure, I can't walk into the Starlight for a really mediocre burger anymore, but I didn't really like doing that before. :lol2:

Bob, good to see you are still around on the forum!

You all went home too early , nothing but sunshine since Tuesday , I even rode the bike to breakfast at Chili Pepper today . Those snow picts look cold . SEYA

The jeep photos are sweet , good thing it wasn't on at Fresno overlook . SEYA
The cactus blood has since dried on the Jeep but the last trip there, the Jeep launch ramps were still there. This time I was looking out for them. :thumb:

You should do it again and get somebody to snap a picture of that so we would know how much air you got . Good thing you had a nice new top then .

Back