• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Big Bend Friday 12-3-21

Reaction score
Got away for a first time Big Bend trip. Studying posts and trip reports on TWTX along with R Gibbens guide it was a very smooth and well prepared trip. We completed Ride 1 "The Real River Road" from the guide and had a great time. Morning was a little chilly and warmed up to mid 80's in afternoon. First weekend of December seemed to be very quite. I spotted a 90's era DR in town along with some cruisers passing through. Other than a couple Border Control trucks, one camper and a pair of Lexus overlanders we where in complete solitude on the river road. Had one minor mechanical and my old DRZ has requested a suspension rebuild from Santa. My riding partners '21 TW200 packed the most fun per mile and was at home in this terrain. Really enjoyed the experience and look forward to exploring more soon.

What do you consider the prime time months for BB riding season?

1.jpg

2.jpg

IMG_1414.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:
"What do you consider the prime time months for BB riding season?"

Sounds like first weekend in December!

Back