• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Big Bend January 18-24, 2019

ABC70DEC-A6F9-4869-8404-2BDDA18A0E66.jpeg

The Terlingua Hilton. Actually the cabin of David Hilton. Rumor is that when he died in 2006 (I think) he was buried in the hills behind his house. He was a tough man to live out here in such a simple cabin.

3ED7E562-D07F-4891-AE12-84DD666E71DA.jpeg

Last edited:
Grumpy old men and a grumpy old bike. Ed29's KLR in Tossinglead's garage for some TLC.

6C90E4D0-43A0-4186-B346-5EABA47F35FA.jpeg

Last edited:
I fell and twisted my left ankle and bruised my big toe. No idea what gave me the bruise. Perhaps my footpeg...

87F21D88-6B13-40C6-AD90-3EA04E08494D.jpeg

Last edited:
Pegged a mule deer doe on 118 Friday afternoon at cruising speed. She ran at full speed across the road right in front of me. I avoided any drastic maneuvers (heavy braking or swerving) on my part because I didn't want to take the chance of losing control of the truck and trailer and ending up in a ditch. I hit her hard and square in front. Since she was running so fast, she was very low to the ground and the bumper caught all of the impact. Nothing operational was damaged on the truck except for the collision detection sensor. Its intact and still in place, but its not working. Estimate came in today at $2k. I'm sure they'll find more when they start taking things off.

34E6381F-B149-4ECF-BD57-216E4D14FDEC.jpeg

Last edited:
I look forward to more drone footage!
View attachment 62667

Image file location

I forgot to take the drone from the hotel out into the ranch. I really wanted to get footage of Bee Cave Canyon. I almost thought about driving out there on Tuesday after everyone left, but it was too windy and that's a long trip in the truck. At least 2 hours each way.

I thought he was going to show my get off. It happened right after the passed the girl with the white SUV parked in the river bed. Great video Mitch, but I was expecting Yanni to do the soundtrack... :rofl::lol2:

I wouldn't do that ...

Old Ore Road ... part 1

By the way, you can attach more than one image at a time to your posts ;-)

By the way, you can attach more than one image at a time to your posts ;-)

While I'm sure that is entirely possible, It would have been a challenge for me. :whatever: I did get 2 images in the first post, but it was the same image. I had to go back on my computer and edit the posts just to get the captions in them.

If you are sitting at your computer, when you hit the "Attach files", you can tag all the images you want by holding down the CTRL key as you click ONCE on each image you want. Once you have all of them selected, click the "Open" button to start the upload. You should then see all the images displayed below your editing box. At the top of the list is "Thumbnail/Full image" and you see the same thing beside each image. If you click the one at the top, it will apply to ALL the images. If you click the one next to each image, it will put that image wherever you have the cursor in the editing box. So you can upload all the images, type your text, put the cursor below the text where you want the image to appear, then click on "Full image", and it should put it where you want. Continue with your text until you are ready for the next image, rinse and repeat as necessary.

It is a little more work if you are on your phone. You should still be able to select multiple images just by tapping them once before hitting the upload.

Another video ... Old Ore Road part 2

Not sure I recorded any.
Battery died at some point.

Back