• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Big Bend just a dream?

Reaction score
Two families (mine is one) are thinking of making a trip out to big bend and the surrounding area. We are looking for a great place to stay that has nearby offroading. We have two DS bikes, 4 small kiddo quads and a side x side for the wives.

I know that only street legal vehicles are allowed IN the park. I know that already.

We are looking for accomodations in/by an area that offroading is allowed and can also serve as a base for trips into the park for sightseeing/hiking ect.

Any input you have is appreciated!

The ranch is 100% private & only open to land owners & their gust. All the roads are private on the ranch. Only street legal vehicles are allowed on the public dirt roads. Please do not ride non-legal vehicles on the roads & give all the legal bikes a bad name. The locals do not know the difference.

Big Bend also has a motel. The Chisos Mountain Lodge. Black Gap WMA is next door. I think they allow riding, but it will require a nominal fee and a public "hunting" permit, I believe. I understand there is a great amount of riding out there, just don't know details. Would like to go myself!

Back