• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Big Day in Mansfield

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Wagner
Well my daughter had her first day on the Ninja.

I took her in her gear up to the High School parking lot, spent 30 minutes going over the basic controls (off the bike). Then came another 30 minutes duck walking the bike back a forth. Well after that we worked on throttle and clutch control (actual riding), the first few times she stalled the bike. After we talked about it a few more minutes and explained to her to keep her head up and feel the clutch under her fingers the revs in her behind and listen at the same time. She tried again and on the first try she took off, lugged the engine and recovered nicely. After 30 minutes of starting and stopping in a 50 ft area, I extend the area to 100 yards (straight and only in first gear). Gave her the instructions and off she went down and back, she came back and notice that it is much more managable with a little speed. So off she went again and again and again (all in first gear), ride down stop find neutral duck walk it around and back.

Next weekend it will be shifting and cornering, trying to prepare her a little for her MSF.

All in all she made her dad proud and didn't give up. :clap: She'll make a good rider in the future.

Great father/daughter stuff! Get Mom to take some pictures.

Oh :thumb:

That's cool. When she taking the MSF class?

Does she like pie?? :doh:

Oh darn it, next weekend I will be in Chicago, but when I get back I will definately get pictures.

Still working on the schedule for her MSF, I am hoping I can get her in the class by the 3rd week in March. If not it will be practice practice practice with dad in the parking lot.

And she loves pie.

Last edited:
Took the mrs. to the school parking lot for weeks before the MSF. She rode my trackbike around prior to our sv purchase. Now she tells me the trackbike scares her...but she want a 'busa?:giveup:

My advice: keep the girl away from bikeshows!!!

She is now scheduled for her MSF course through MTC at the Arlington location 3/17.

Gonna have her start reading the MSF books and Texas Motorcyle License books in preperation. The when I get back from Illinois I will spend some more weekend time at the HS lot.

Back