• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Big Spring Cabins--Kaibab Forest North Rim

drfood

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Gerdes
Has anyone ever stayed in one of the Big Spring Cabins in the Kaibab National Forest at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon? I just discovered these today when looking at unusual things to do next year when we go out west again.

Also, anyone ever ridden Forest Road 22 from near Fredonia, AZ south toward the North Rim? It appears to be paved for a good distance then suddenly at a wide spot labeled "Ryan" turns to dirt. Thoughts on riding it with a fully loaded Wee Strom?

Thanks.

Has anyone ever stayed in one of the Big Spring Cabins in the Kaibab National Forest at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon? I just discovered these today when looking at unusual things to do next year when we go out west again.

Also, anyone ever ridden Forest Road 22 from near Fredonia, AZ south toward the North Rim? It appears to be paved for a good distance then suddenly at a wide spot labeled "Ryan" turns to dirt. Thoughts on riding it with a fully loaded Wee Strom?

Thanks.

The wife and I have been up there on the North Rim in a car, but not down to Ryan. I looked at it on Google, and I think you're right, it turns to dirt. But, as one of the fella's I have ridden with said, it looks like the super highway of dirt. I wouldn't be too concerned on a wee strom. I would even be tempted to try it on the my Wing, if I was in the area. I will say that you might want to make reservations early, because everything seems to book up quickly on the North Rim.

Back