• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

bike friendly lodging -- Austin/Kerrville area

Reaction score
Howdy everyone-

Just discovered this site. A buddy and I are bailing early tomorrow and heading to Austin/Kerrville to ride the hill country. Any suggestions on bike-friendly places to stay? Kinda hate to do the motel 6 type thing (despite my cheapskate leanings), when/if there's some rustic lodge or interesting place to stay for under 80/nite nearby.

Anywho, loving this site, and look forward to maybe riding with some of you!

Oily side down,

chad

Howdy,

:tab Need more lead time :lol: There are lots of cool places to stay. However, at this time of year, most of them are booked way in advance. The Fox Fire cabins a mile or so North of Vanderpool on FM 187, on the left, right after you cross the Sabinal river, is a perfect example. Ask for cabins 5 or 7, they are the best. But they are $125 per night I think. It is worth it though. You could also camp at Los Maples State Park. It is right there as well. If you stay in Kerrville, try the Econo lodge on Hwy 16 a mile or so South of I-10 on the left. Clean and relatively cheap. Inn of the Hills is right around $80 and they are pretty nice, very motorcycle friendly, great restaurant and bar with live music on site. There are more, but that is all I can do off the top of my head on such short notice, sorry.

Too little, too late for arcangel, but the Honda Sport Touring Assoc. (not to mention our own venerable Tourmeister? ) also frequents the Y.O. Ranch Resort, in Kerrville. I haven't stayed there, but it seems like a good place to stay if you are using Kerrville as a base for squidlike, er, sport-touring activities. :)

Note that if you go south on Loop 534 a few miles, there's a nice HonYamKawEtc dealer on your right.

Sadly, due to the brutal ergos on my buddy's triumph daytona, we didn't make it down to Kerrville, but stayed in Austin & Round Rock. Rode Lime Creek Road--what a great stretch! Then took FM1431 to Marble Falls. We stayed in the Mountain Star Lodge, a new place off 620 in S Austin. $98/nite for double, very large, clean, quiet.

Back