• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bits for brace and bit

Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Gill
Free to you. Several bits with 4-sided pyramidal shanks. For a Brace and Bit? I'm in Haltom City. Prefer Local pickup. If you want me to ship, I'll have to recoup that cost.

Attachments

• IMG_1398.JPG
    IMG_1398.JPG
    183.8 KB · Views: 204
Danny, do you not have a hand drill that they would have been used with?

I looked at the bit brace I have and it has a two-jaw chuck. I don't know if your bits will fit it.
If someone has insight, please let me know. thanks.

I looked at the bit brace I have and it has a two-jaw chuck. I don't know if your bits will fit it.
If someone has insight, please let me know. thanks.

Yes, you open the jaws enough and slide the squared off portion all the way in. The two jaw part grasps the round part of the bit. So it will work.

They might be for another application. Bit and brace was just my guess.

No, these were in a trailer I got for free. Taking it up to where I hunt.

Just wondering. I have one that belonged to my dad, with great big wooden handles. I have no idea how old it is; I can remember it being in the tool shed at least back through the mod 50s. Grandpa Gill had one, too - I thought you might have had it.

Just wondering. I have one that belonged to my dad, with great big wooden handles. I have no idea how old it is; I can remember it being in the tool shed at least back through the mod 50s. Grandpa Gill had one, too - I thought you might have had it.

Nope. Not something I got from Grandpa Gill. My dad had more than one from Grandpa McGuire, but all that stuff was lost after Mom and Daf died.

Tell you what. Hold onto them until I can get by (hopefully this century) with Dad's brace/bit & see if they fit. If so, I'll keep them as a set, even if only for a keepsake. Mitch or Witten might even want them at some point; they both like tools.

Okay. I'll stash them somewhere. Here's hoping I'll be able to find them again.

Back