• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Black Friday Getaway Ride

Anyone other than Woodsguy interested in meeting at the Smileys Shell Station on the North side of Huntsville at the intersection of FMs 980 and 247 to ride out with me? If not, I will just be leaving directly from my home.

I was planning to meet there at 8:45-9:00am.

Hi all
I'm in
my name is Greg
Just bought a 2013 DR 650 I think this would be a good ride to take it on.
Not set up for camping yet so getting room in Rusk.

The weather looks great, we are officially a go for the ride. See y'all tomorrow!

Oh, and for those camping with me, pack your cold weather gear! Overnight low in the upper 40's expected.

Anyone other than Woodsguy interested in meeting at the Smileys Shell Station on the North side of Huntsville at the intersection of FMs 980 and 247 to ride out with me? If not, I will just be leaving directly from my home.

I was planning to meet there at 8:45-9:00am.

Rsquared is thinking, I'm still on the fence, Ive used way too many kitchen passes this week and hoping to offroad Saturday. :giveup:

brapping

Attachments

• DPSeQSvX4AAYImX.jpg
    DPSeQSvX4AAYImX.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 229
Looks like good weather.
See everyone in the morning.

Hi all
I'm in
my name is Greg
Just bought a 2013 DR 650 I think this would be a good ride to take it on.
Not set up for camping yet so getting room in Rusk.

Howdy Greg :wave:

Welcome to the site!

Rsquared is thinking, I'm still on the fence, Ive used way too many kitchen passes this week and hoping to offroad Saturday. :giveup:

I'll be at the Smiley's long enough to get gas in the morning. If I don't see anyone else by 9:00am, I am heading out. Hope you guys can make it. You know it will be FUN! :-P

Here's my planned route for anyone interested in meeting up with me and heading back late Friday afternoon. Just over 200 miles. Should be back in Huntsville before 5:00pm.

Attachments

• BlackFriday2017.gpx
    135.7 KB · Views: 279
I'll be at the Smiley's long enough to get gas in the morning. If I don't see anyone else by 9:00am, I am heading out. Hope you guys can make it. You know it will be FUN! :-P

Sorry, just don't have it in me for some reason. Have fun.

It was good meeting everyone.
I had a great time.
Thanks for leading and organizing this William.

Y'all done already?
We did 2 days. Got home Saturday night.

Dan and I did a little extra after excessive else brine off after lunch. Provably good it was just the 2 of us as we hit the "miles of sand" nobody else wanted!

Good seeing everyone and hope y'all can make future rides!

:tab As usual, the sand before Pennington was a real hoot!! Daniel wanted to call Beth right after that to tell her we CRASHED TWICE!! I suggested he rethink his choice of words and that she'd prefer to hear about it in person :lol2: We merely tipped over at almost a complete stop twice :-P That set of double 90s is always fun. I don't know why, but the corner closest to the old school building is the one that always gets folks, regardless of which way we are going. It really helps to be the first rider through before all the other riders create ruts going every which way and end up in the ditches on both sides of the road! :doh: We had a blast :flip:

Yep, it was lots of fun! I enjoyed meeting you guys and seeing the improvements that I made from my first ride, and I appreciate the advice I received. I talked to Adam yesterday. He said most of the video from Friday wound up being garbage, but most of day 2 contained good footage. He said to give him a couple weeks and he’ll send me a link to the vid to share with you guys. Any of you guys that took the time to take some pics, post them up! I plan to hit the trails again as soon as I get the forks rebuilt!

Thanks guys had fun Friday.
trying to load some pix I took we'll see how that goes lol

Okay...

Chris - DR 650
Adam - AT 1000
Greg - DR650?
Ian - DR650
Lance - 800GS
Danny - 500EXC

Did I get all those right or miss anyone?

https://youtu.be/WooS-JGQy0Y

Here’s the short vid from the ride. As stated earlier, Adam said all of day 1 footage was unusable. Vid starts with us riding out of camp day 2. He will probably put together a longer video (around 15 min) tomorrow for anyone that wants to see extra footage.

Back