• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EAST TX: Black Friday Ride in East Texas - It's a go.

Have a great ride tomorrow, Temps in mid 70's here. Does that balancer kit have two cones or some adaptor that keeps the axel center of bearings, or does it work by bearring not moving. I use one like it but it centers bearings on shaft.

I love your rides, always great, unfortunately I have to work today. So much for retirement. Have a great day.

Not sure where everyone is but at Mallet Brothers in Iola, this was lunch. Rib plate and two sides. Mac and cheese and fried okra.
1fd8cad60768b5cf5794ffccc624c7e2.jpg

The two young ladies behind the counter confirmed that fried okra is indeed a green vegetable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry we missed you Jeff. I barely caught Scott and Dan as they were leaving @ 9a from Smiley's. If I had been 30 seconds later, I would not have had any idea which way they went. They were already on 980 heading north and I just happened to catch a glimpse of Dan's bike as it disappeared behind the trees on the side of the road. As it was, we got to Mallet Bros about 12:50p. It was Scott with Daniel, Dan and me (Joe). Good day for a ride.

I had a great time.
Scott sure knows his roads.
No dust, perfect weather and I love riding with overcast. No crazy shadows to hide things.

The drizzle and fog on the East side of I-45 wasn't much fun..., but road conditions were darn near perfect! Once we got West of I-45 it was clear and mostly dry. The sand was nice and packed, no real mud to speak of, and very little dust.

Jeff, I forgot to mention that we would not be hitting Iola until later, kind of like we did on that last ride when you ate with us there. We were still over by New Waverly around 11:30-noon.

@Tourmeister did u notice a lot of unbalance once you got it in the stand? How much weight did you need?

It was quite a bit out of balance. I don't know how much I added. I just added until it was balanced :-P It was a noticeable difference once back on the road.
Have a great ride tomorrow, Temps in mid 70's here. Does that balancer kit have two cones or some adaptor that keeps the axel center of bearings, or does it work by bearring not moving. I use one like it but it centers bearings on shaft.

No adapters. The shaft has bearings on each end and just fits through the center of the tire. It is not exact, but it gets it close enough. I've had it for years and used it on many different bikes. However, it doesn't work for the rear wheel of the BMWs because of the geometry of the wheel hubs. I would need an adapter for that. Amazingly, I never balance the rears and have never had an issue with them feeling out of balance :shrug:

Our post lunch ride was a lot of fun. I dragged Danny all over the place between Iola and Huntsville :rider:

Back