• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Block Calls within Android OS

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Did you know you can block calls using the stock Android operating system phone dialer? I didn't know until several months ago when I stumbled on it. Before that I was using a app to help block calls but it became a pain in the butt when they wouldn't allow you to automatically pull phone calls from the call history

Just long press the number from your call history and see the drop down dialog to choose "Block number". Done, no more important calls about your vehicle's warranty

In addition to that, I have my Google Assistant screen any unknown caller calls. It asks you to state the purpose of the call which then shows up as written text on my end and I can then determine whether or not to take the call. For those that just hang up right away, I then move them to the blocked category.

On my Spectrum Android
Calls> Recents tab
Tap number in question, tap the "I" for info
At the bottom, tap Block or Report

In addition to that, I have my Google Assistant screen any unknown caller calls. It asks you to state the purpose of the call which then shows up as written text on my end and I can then determine whether or not to take the call. For those that just hang up right away, I then move them to the blocked category.
Wow, that sounds like a powerful tool to zap em.

I have a old moto G4 phone so apparently I dont have that option ,starts with the G7 on moto's. Checked it out here

Back