• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Blown wheel

First Name
Bob
Last Name
Squires
Leon, if you can get somewhere to stay tonight I can come with flatbed and get you in the morning. I'm currently in f'burg but heading home this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liteitup

Forum Supporter
Ride up ramp is already in pickup... or i can bring a car hauler. Could leave almost immediently

focus frenzy

First Name
Leon
Last Name
Hogan
I'm ok came off seat about a foot fortunately it was a new tire and is stiff have nursed it back towards sweet water where we may try a tube

focus frenzy

First Name
Leon
Last Name
Hogan
Oh it's bent
A553A46E-CE0C-49D4-BED9-C1CEF81A8FD7_zpsgtcatn9r.jpg

We pulled it off and beat on it.
It is very ugly but holding air going to nurse it back towards Jeff's house.

focus frenzy

First Name
Leon
Last Name
Hogan
We stopped for gas and Jeff's bike wiring harness went up in smoke and flames.
My wheel is extra ugly yet by the grace of God it is holding air.
Rescue ranger Brian (reddogbmw) is in route.

First Name
Mike
Last Name
Brewster
This is shaping up to be a true adventure complete with retroactive fun.

FWIW, I did not get an email notification on this thread although I seemed to get the notices on the tests that were run a while back. I coulda nearly been there by now.

focus frenzy

First Name
Leon
Last Name
Hogan
It sure what's the bigger adventure, me kitting block and getting air or Jeff's bike catching fire while at gas pump.

bwdmax

Forum Supporter
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Turner
So just for the record what variant of "Big Block" did you hit? GM 396,427,454 FOMOCO 427, 429, 460 Mopar 426,440......

:duck:

bwdmax

Forum Supporter
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Turner
Glad everyone is ok. Y'all didn't get far but what an adventure.

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
I think it might be Brian that I bought my current 1200 GS from a few years ago... Can't recall for sure.

focus frenzy

First Name
Leon
Last Name
Hogan
Safely back home!
Special thanks to the gentleman in Roscoe who lead us over to his friend who let us use his shop to jack up the bike and pull the wheel and wail on it with a 20lb sledgehammer.
Thank you to the Christian motorcycle member who checked on us while we were sitting at the truck stop waiting on Brian who dropped what he was doing to drive all the way out to Cisco to pick up Jeff's bike.
Thanks Brian.

First Name
Mike
Last Name
Hayden
Glad y'all made it back without a #3 occurrence.

Also didn't receive an email notice! Huh????

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
I don't know what the heck is going on with the email notification. When we did all those tests a while back, it seemed to be working fine. So I left it alone. Now, I don't know if it was a change in the phase of the moon, a sunspot, Trump getting elected, or what, but I am not getting them either!?

JQ1.0

Forum Supporter
I don't know what the heck is going on with the email notification. When we did all those tests a while back, it seemed to be working fine. So I left it alone. Now, I don't know if it was a change in the phase of the moon, a sunspot, Trump getting elected, or what, but I am not getting them either!?
I got the email, but came in just after midnight. I have it set to instant.

TossingLead

Forum Supporter
35 yr old harness, chaffing? Will look when I remove and replace making sure it don't happen again.
No flames, lots of smoke, Parked next to the gas pump with a full tank of gas and smoke billowing made for a anxious moment or two, had to disconnect the battery to stop the short.
With in a minute the fire department showed up not even looking over at me they where there for a medical emergency about 50 yards from me at the store front, Oh will.

First Name
Drew
Last Name
Wright
35 yr old harness, chaffing? Will look when I remove and replace making sure it don't happen again.
No flames, lots of smoke, Parked next to the gas pump with a full tank of gas and smoke billowing made for a anxious moment or two, had to disconnect the battery to stop the short.
With in a minute the fire department showed up not even looking over at me they where there for a medical emergency about 50 yards from me at the store front, Oh will.
I was wondering who's green wing that was.

Safely back home!
Special thanks to the gentleman in Roscoe who lead us over to his friend who let us use his shop to jack up the bike and pull the wheel and wail on it with a 20lb sledgehammer.
Thank you to the Christian motorcycle member who checked on us while we were sitting at the truck stop waiting on Brian who dropped what he was doing to drive all the way out to Cisco to pick up Jeff's bike.
Thanks Brian.
I did that to a rear wheel in Oklahoma Two up on the ST1300. Beat the wheel in with a rock out of the ditch enough to hold air.

The air didn't all come out all at once. The tire overheated and all the tread was gone from the sides of the tread with the softer compound.

We road to Mena and then to Russellville the next day to buy a new tire at the Honda shop.

Then rode to Branson, then on to do some twisties around Eureka Springs for a couple days and then back to Fort Worth.

Wound up replacing the wheel with a used one that is still on the bike now.

See you tonight at Ice Cream.

First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Hansen

No Such Agency is watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

First Name
Mike
Last Name
Hayden
Don't know if this will help solve the mystery. When I look at the Road Asst. forum notification, it reflects I can 'unsubscribe'. I go to my 'subscriptions' and that forum is not listed, I was going to see how I had it set to notify me. Don't know if it will help or not!

ps: I vote for queertrons as the problem :)

Last edited:

Mr2mch

Forum Supporter
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Powers
Almost the same situation happened to me up on Mt Magazine back in the early 2000s..... minus the electrical fire part....

Riding the TDM.... came round a curve & ...... a brick with my name on it!
BUT..... the wheel didnt suffer nearly as much.... never even lost air.....

Nursed the bike back to Waco..then sent the rim off to be straightened.
Rode for many more miles after that

Glad youre ok Leon

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

First Name
Michael
Last Name
McMillan
Did that same thing once hitting a peice of concrete that fell off a truck on the interstate. Glad you did not go down.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk