• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Blue Skies, Blue Ridge, Blue Grass - Sport-Touring to West Virginia

welcome home glad u made it ok... sux a cager hit you. More important though is that you are ok and made it back through all the rain. I am sure it was a blast.

Great report!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sorry to here of the accident, that has to be one of the biggest nightmares of riders. To be on a solo trip and experience a get off, no help and no one you know around. It sounds like you handled it expertly, and the best part you did not let it deter the rest of your trip. Lesser riders would have ran home with there tales between there legs. Bravo !

Glad to here that you and the ST have no more than bumps and bruises.

Isn't online banking great?

I finally sat down a created a spreadsheet of my costs for the West Virginia trip. I did 3300 miles over 9 days and spent a grand total of $797.25

Breakdown:
Gas - $175.46
Food - $92.44
Lodging - $376.57
Misc - $52.78
Petty Cash - $100

Looking at my spreadsheet, I need to cut down the most on lodging. There were a couple times when I spent double or triple what I would have spent if I'd just camped as planned. Must. Stop. Wimping.

Oh - and the BMW got dropped off at the dealer yesterday morning for the crash estimate and 12,000 mile service. I'll post repair costs when I get them.

rocketbunny said:
Must. Stop. Wimping.

You didn't wimp out. Just the fact that you did this ride by yourself is a big accomplishment. I know you just take it in stride, but for many of us ladies, going it alone for so long is a very scary thing.

Next time, I'll go with ya and I'll convince you to camp because I'm a poor cheapskate ;-)

Back