• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

BMW C650GT

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Tamez
Pfft, you knew it was gonna happen. You just didn't know when. The epiphany came as I was riding the VFR on FM1709 in Keller with stop n go traffic and hitting every light. Wife was on the back and I said, hmm I miss having a scooter. I had a nice lady from Austin come pickup the VFR today and will purchase a 16 GT scooter out of FL on Monday. Shipping should take about 3 weeks. I wanted the 2nd gen after reading the reviews. The heated Corbin seat and Akrapovic exhaust are just icing on the cake.

Pic of the ride
61a9dcca4ec5a5ebc4de4728640d7a81.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Looks very sharp Sharky. Looks like you can't ever get that scooter monkey off you back.

Pfft, you knew it was gonna happen. You just didn't know when. The epiphany came as I was riding the VFR on FM1709 in Keller with stop n go traffic and hitting every light. Wife was on the back and I said, hmm I miss having a scooter. I had a nice lady from Austin come pickup the VFR today and will purchase a 16 GT scooter out of FL on Monday. Shipping should take about 3 weeks. I wanted the 2nd gen after reading the reviews. The heated Corbin seat and Akrapovic exhaust are just icing on the cake.
Bump for an old thread.
Been a member here for awhile but not really on much so there is that. I first joined when I was on a Guzzi and then traded to a big Burgman and didn't think they would allow my type( scooter trash) on a real motorcycle forum. Anyway, fast forward a few years and I am still on the big burger. The C650 GT was on my short list before I bought the Burgman. I just couldn't find one at any dealers close to where I was working and traveling back and forth to home. How are you liking yours by now? I'm about 28K miles in on my bike and really liking it. The only real sellers in the Maxi scooter market in my opinion were BMW and Suzuki after Honda stopped the Silverwing. Anyway, just curious and thought I would ask.
Thanks

Wasn't bad. I bought it without riding it which might not have been the best idea. Having had a couple Burgmans, I will say it rode better than the Burgman and was fast enough. Quality on the plastic bits was just ok. I think Suzuki plastic had better quality. In the end, I just didn't think I would enjoy a long trip on it so I found a bigger scooter, a 12 R1200RT. The RT is like a big scooter IMHO, it just has a clutch. :) I have never owned a Silverwing but I did ride those and it was just ho hum. Out of all the scooters, the best as far as ride, fun factor, and quality components has been the TMax. I saw an 09 a couple weeks back for a smoking deal and was very tempted. I have trouble finding time to ride the RT and FZ8 now so a third cycle in the garage would just take up space I don't have.

Thanks sharkey.
I bought my Burgman new and rode the heck out of it for a little over a year. I somewhere got the idea I was really needing another sport touring bike so I bought a Triumph Trophy SE. I've never ridden a BMW RT but IMO the Trophy SE is pretty close to perfection for a high HP, long distance capable and high speed motorcycle. I kept the Burgman and this year decided I would attend STO (Scooting the Ozarks) so I parked the Triumph and brought the Burgman back to Texas with me. I miss a lot of the amenities of the Triumph but overall just really like the ease of riding and being just a handy bike to commute or go shopping on. I'll get the Triumph out again next spring I think at least for awhile. I was just curious about the BMW scooter. I have looked at them but resisted the urge so far.

I attended the Burgman get together one year in Eureka Springs and it was fun. Any riding in the Ozarks is usually a good time. I am assuming you are also on BurgmanUSA forum?

Yep. I joined it to dig up any dirt on the Burgman to talk me out of buying one. I knew there would be folks there bashing the big burger and I would have my justification for not making the deal. :flip:

Back