• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

BMW F800GS suspension upgrade?

Reaction score
Looking to beef up my suspension on my 09 F800GS. Can I get some personal feedback from anyone who has riden with the Touratech Explore rear shock? I'm a pretty big ole boy at 300#. What ya'll think?

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

I have a 13 Tiger 800XC which has similar suspension and travel. I weigh 170lbs without gear. I installed the Touratech spring kit that made a world of difference for under $400. I can now jump it without bottoming out.

I have a 13 Tiger 800XC which has similar suspension and travel. I weigh 170lbs without gear. I installed the Touratech spring kit that made a world of difference for under $400. I can now jump it without bottoming out.
I looked into that and agree, the beefed up spring would help with the sag. But I'll still be left with the sub-par oem shock. Guess I'm looking for the best upgrade for the money. Got it narrowed down to three. The Touratech HP, the Ohlines adventure S46, or the Wilbers type 641.
The Wilbers is the least costly. Lots of reviews on the Touratech and Ohlines. Not so much on the Wibers. Parts and components look to be comparable.

Any thoughts or personal feedback?

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Back