• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

BMW K1600&Co. Swing**Club Trentino

Reaction score
On the second day of the event we started in San Lugano to continue on the Mendelpass to the northwest.
Amazing - even the actually faster GS drove obediently behind us to watch the spectacle.
The fact that it was drizzling in the afternoon was less disturbing - rather that the HARIBO supplies were running out.

Amazing scenery as always!!

I like that kind of side car rig where the bike can still lean. The rigid kind just don't seem like they'd be much fun in the twisties. The white tiger is cool!

It is crazy that the one lane wide road in the mountains is a two way road!! :eek2:

Do the side cars have any kind of suspension or are they just a rigid axle?

Watching all that kind of made me dizzy after a while... :doh:

Why no passenger in the side car?

Why no passenger in the side car?

I was wondering the same thing, especially for the white Tiger where they were riding two up. I think I would prefer to be on the bike if I were a passenger.

All those side cars looked like they were made by the same company, just with different colors/options.

The white tiger is the CEO`s own. Mr. Ralph Kalich builds more than 400 of these "Swings" .
Thiswas a short weekend without kids, dogs and wifes.. Ok... Ralph take his wife with us.
Have a look to the pictures at www.kalich.de

Oh that is cool. I did not realize they were the builders. It did look like there were a few right hand corners where clearance between the leaning bike and the side car might have become an issue. I assume there are limits to how far out the car can be from the side of the bike.

I can't read German, but I did check out the site. Those are some really cool looking rigs!

Back