• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

BMW MOA Rally in Tennesee 2019

The MOA folks should be jumping for joy. What an awesome event. They had near perfect weather for this show. A little warm on Saturday afternoon, but if you were out riding it was great.

Venue was more compact than usual and that was a good thing. Easy to walk around even with bad knees.
Took our time going up... 2 days up, 2 days riding around the non-famous back roads( no Dragon/Snake/Chero etc...) 1-1/2 days at the rally (some of our crew got Mayer seats made onsite and several got tires. And a few trinkets for me) and 2 days home and avoided all the early summer storms.

MOA claimed about 6000 in attendance. Door prize tickets numbered from 1000 to the 6900's so I guess they were close on the count. More events like this in awesome locations may help revive the membership in this organization.

We ended up with about 25+ from BMWDFW.
t84bHeF44kppc6-CH7czAZJVqPK&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg

Most of us....

Last edited:
Looks like a lot of fun. Hoping to join next year. You guys doing the Texas rally?

We went up about a week before, camped in the Smokey's, and rode around all day, every day...rain or shine.

Got to the Rally and what the heck, a bunch of guys from the California South Coasters Club rode in, good thing too because we were camped on their reserved camp site. Great bunch of guys and we were welcomed to stay, hang and enjoy. I think I am now a prospect, honorary, member of the CSCC.

At the Rally, good food, outstanding music/entertainment, and lot's of Beemers of every description to look at. The Air Head camp was welcoming all to hot coffee every morn.

As far as rally's go, let's do it again.

Which/What Texas Rally?

More events like this in awesome locations may help revive the membership in this organization.

Judging by the photo, they REALLY need to put more effort into marketing to younger folks... :-?

There were a fair number of younger folks and younger couples, but gray was the predominant hair color.

Back