• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

BMW Motorcycles Woodlands

I thought so too but I've gotten a couple of emails from them announcing Triumph is coming. They mentioned that they already had a few bikes.

Just left there, seems like I saw 4-5 Triumphs, didn't really look for them.

This is the same place that is hosting the Dragoo class next month. Interesting.

Where is the info on the Dragoo class?

Where is the info on the Dragoo class?

The BMW Houston Club was checking members interest in his class in a recent email, but they did not say when or where. I'll forward you the info.

What a nightmare having to straighten out dealers' mistakes!

I always buy pre-owned and cash only, so title applications and getting license plates are 100% trouble free every time, as I do the application myself. But I really appreciate new vehicle buyers that allow some of us to buy used later! :-)

Also, my experience with service departments at dealerships has been quite positive. I just stay away from their sales and finance staff!

Buyer beware, I purchased a K1600 GT from them in July. I asked them to finance through BMW, but they used MB Financial. Terrible interest rate, but I didn't care since I would be paying it off in short order.

Flash forward to November, I paid off the bike. MB Financial finally sent me paper work mid- December along with a note saying they didn't have my title and that I needed to contact the selling dealer to get it. I emailed the finance manager late December and didn't even get a reply. Email again and will call to follow up.

It took near 8 weeks to get my license plates out of them. Harris County said they had no record, I finally got plates after weeks of nagging them. Now they didn't process the title correctly.

Unfortunately, the folks were friendly and nice to work with, but no free 600 mile service and their lack of attention to detail means I won't ever darken their door again.:thumbd:

I had a similar problem with this dealer. Six months to get a "real' tag = when through two paper tags from them in the process. Now, ten months later, I STILL don't have a title. They blame the State. The State disagrees.

Same experience for me as well. Almost 3 months after my purchase, no plates or title. Just excuses. . . I'm about to contact the State and start filing complaints. I am a patient person, but my patience is near the end. Sad really,

because like most people here, the sales and service were great, but this paperwork snafu is becoming a bitter pill to swallow.

Call the nice lady down at the Montgomery county tax office. She was *super* helpful to me, providing me the details of what the dealer did wrong so I had specific points to share with the dealer when they denied it was their fault. At this point with more folks still having problems, the state should consider taking action.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will call Montgomery County tomorrow or Thursday and depending on what they say, go to the dealership in person and speak with the GM.

Then depending on if and how that conversation goes I will decide if I want to get the State involved and file a formal complaint.

Doesn't the state issue something called a dealers licence? Who oversees the dealers from S.O.TX. this is the same crap that started this thread.

A quick update. I received a call today informing me my plates had come in and were ready to be picked up. The paper work was dated for today which means they sat on the paper work for exactly 90 days. I'm not sure why they would do this, or what they would gain from it, but I now have my metal plate and I'm happy that its over.

The older I get the less tolerance I have for bs like this. I pay for No Worry. Put me through something like this and I'm Done. I'm glad it worked out for you though.

A quick update. I received a call today informing me my plates had come in and were ready to be picked up. The paper work was dated for today which means they sat on the paper work for exactly 90 days. I'm not sure why they would do this, or what they would gain from it, but I now have my metal plate and I'm happy that its over.

Same experience for me as well. Almost 3 months after my purchase, no plates or title. Just excuses. . . I'm about to contact the State and start filing complaints. I am a patient person, but my patience is near the end. Sad really,

because like most people here, the sales and service were great, but this paperwork snafu is becoming a bitter pill to swallow.

And the adventure continues with me. After ten months of back and forth with them to no avail, they finally "kicked me to the curb" and told me that it was my problem now as they were finished dealing with it. They sent me a stamped, addressed envelope, and almost completed replacement title form and a check for $2 and told me I was on my own and to stop bothering them about it. So - I finsheid filling out the title form, used the envelope and check they sent me and mailed the whole package off a week ago. I got it back today exactly as I sent it. It has no Post Office markings on it, so I am ASSUMING that the address on the envelope that they provided me as incorrect. So, going on ELEVEN MONTHS now, I STILL have no title and the dealership has abandoned me. I guess I am going to verify the DMV address on the stamped envelope that the dealership sent me and try again. I won';t be at all surprised if the $2 check they sent to voer the replacement title bounces. Nothing much would surprise me from thesae guys at this point.This is way, way beyond ridiculous at this point.

Their actions are unacceptable. You may want to consider calling the Attorney General's office. Or, contact DPS and find out who is responsible for enforcement of the regulations regarding dealer title transfer issues.

Brinkley, the only thing I could suggest is to not mail the forms. Take all your documentation with you and go to the tax office in person. That way if something isn't filled out properly it can be corrected right then. . .
Also go around the middle of the month, because the beginning and end of the month they are really busy.

I'm sure someone there will be able to walk you through the forms so you can get this mess straightened out.

Good Luck.

I was in there looking at a GS Saturday and I was in there once when I moved to the area. Their sales staff isn't helpful at all and both times I have been they have only had one salesman on the floor.

My Indian is due for tires soon so I plan to try out their service department at least.

The nice lady at the tax office told me exactly what was needed on the forms when I called. She had them on her desk waiting on the Woodlands clowns to come sign them. A phone call or a visit would likely pay dividends on getting your documented in order. I also went to TXDOT to try and order a replacement title and they provided my the tip to go to the tax office to get it sorted out.

I have been reading though this discussion and I am afraid I am having the same issue. Purchased the bike on 3-9-19, on my second paper tag and when I asked what was going on I was told it was their location in OK City that was holding up the paperwork. I called OKC today, they know nothing about me and/or the BMW that I purchased. Should there be any reason that it takes this long to get tags ? Luckily the tax office is right down the road, guess I'll go by there tomorrow and see what they can tell me.

That's so weird. Seems like a really professional dealership to look at it.

Wonder what the deal is.

Wow! I was thinking about trading my Triumph there. That's enough for me to stay away....

My guess is they aren't registering the bike because they haven't reported it as sold to BMW. Once BMW is notified it is sold they want their money. The dealership is delaying the registration and notification to BMW so they can hold on to the money until they decide they can complete the sale and pay BMW. Gulf Coast BMW does the exact same thing. When the 3rd party inventory checker shows up and asks about missing bikes, Gulf Coast tells them that the bikes are out on test rides, and they even provide fake test rider forms for the specific bikes.

I have been reading though this discussion and I am afraid I am having the same issue. Purchased the bike on 3-9-19, on my second paper tag and when I asked what was going on I was told it was their location in OK City that was holding up the paperwork. I called OKC today, they know nothing about me and/or the BMW that I purchased. Should there be any reason that it takes this long to get tags ? Luckily the tax office is right down the road, guess I'll go by there tomorrow and see what they can tell me.

Back