• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

BMW Motorcycles Woodlands

So this brings up another question, Is the motorcycle industry in such a slump that the dealers have to scavenge pennies off the floor by living off the interest for a few months,...or are the dealers just greedy?

My guess is they aren't registering the bike because they haven't reported it as sold to BMW. Once BMW is notified it is sold they want their money. The dealership is delaying the registration and notification to BMW so they can hold on to the money until they decide they can complete the sale and pay BMW. Gulf Coast BMW does the exact same thing. When the 3rd party inventory checker shows up and asks about missing bikes, Gulf Coast tells them that the bikes are out on test rides, and they even provide fake test rider forms for the specific bikes.

Wow! I was thinking about trading my Triumph there. That's enough for me to stay away....
If you can find a good deal, I would still take a look. Just stay on top of things. They have a nice dealership and its nice to see all the brands they carry. If I could just get an honest response to why it is taking so long, I could be OK with it.

If you can find a good deal, I would still take a look. Just stay on top of things. They have a nice dealership and its nice to see all the brands they carry. If I could just get an honest response to why it is taking so long, I could be OK with it.
Appreciate that, but I tend to go ballistic over these types of issues. Kinda a pet peeve of mine I guess.

Understood. It's great to have some options around town.
I honestly can't say that a great deal on a bike wouldn't override all this talk.šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ I visited them a few weeks ago and they seemed like good folks. That's what you got to do to sell though. Service after sales is what I'm looking for. I'm supposed to be waiting on the Yamaha anyway, so I need to stay away.

I was pleased with how my sale went including the price of the bike and what they offered for my trade in. My only complaint was the length of time it took to acquire my license plates for the new bike.
I called last week about having new tires put on my bike. Service guy said it would be 2 weeks before they could install them. I'm trying to be supportive and throw business at the dealership, but 2 weeks just to have tires installed was too long. I ended up going to another dealership who did it the next day the tires came in.
I know its riding season, but asking your customers to wait 2-3 weeks for a basic service is asking a lot.

My guess is they aren't registering the bike because they haven't reported it as sold to BMW. Once BMW is notified it is sold they want their money. The dealership is delaying the registration and notification to BMW so they can hold on to the money until they decide they can complete the sale and pay BMW. Gulf Coast BMW does the exact same thing. When the 3rd party inventory checker shows up and asks about missing bikes, Gulf Coast tells them that the bikes are out on test rides, and they even provide fake test rider forms for the specific bikes.
So the bottom line is they are crooks.

Well. I got my Plates today. It's odd because its looks like they went to the tax office yesterday according to the receipt. Anyways I have them and headed to Big Bend.

WOW, this seems unethical possibly bordering on criminal.

This was in reply to the note about not paying BMW for sold bikes, not your trip to Big Bend!

I recently bought a new Triumph from them and haven't been that happy with their service department.

The clutch cable wasn't installed correctly and the bike died on the test ride. The bike came with free panniers but they consistently told me I wasn't getting those I was getting the older bags. They argued with me and low and behold the panniers are what came in. Sadly they ordered the mounting kit for a 1200 and not the 800 I purchased. Hopefully I don't have to deal with the tag issue you have been dealing with.

So that's it. Wow! Sorry I didn't see this when it first posted. Hate to throw an MBA at this but it makes complete sense now. Cash flow is bad, revolver is maxed out, hang on to any cash you can for as long as you can. There's a payroll to make, hopefully. Not sure this guy is going to make his payments anyway. Rings in the memory like the movie Fargo (well kinda.)

I guess if I ever buy a new BMW I'll send a letter to BMW Motorrad USA and copy the dealer saying "Thanks for the great BMW (whatever) serial number xxxxxxxxxx from Dealership xxxxxxxxxxxxx on xx/xx/xxxx. It's a great bike. Be sure to get your money from the dealer."

Man I miss Lone Star!

What about Wild West in Katy? Anyone having issues with them? To get the deal right, I'd drive an extra hour and a half... Assuming I was in the market for another Beemer :-P

What about Wild West in Katy? Anyone having issues with them? To get the deal right, I'd drive an extra hour and a half... Assuming I was in the market for another Beemer :-P
I bought my Strom from them. Painless negotiating and got bike a few hundred under retail. Tags came quickly and got a call soon as they came in.

As I stated before; I bought a triumph 800 through them. The bike had a promotion where the bike came with panniers and luggage rack.

Well the dealer ordered the panniers correctly but they ordered the rack for the 1200. They ordered new racks for me last Saturday and came in yesterday. Once again they ordered the wrong luggage racks.

They ordered the racks for the old explorer bags. It's just annoying at this point.

As I stated before; I bought a triumph 800 through them. The bike had a promotion where the bike came with panniers and luggage rack.

Well the dealer ordered the panniers correctly but they ordered the rack for the 1200. They ordered new racks for me last Saturday and came in yesterday. Once again they ordered the wrong luggage racks.

They ordered the racks for the old explorer bags. It's just annoying at this point.

:lol2: :doh: :tears: :lol2: :doh: :tears: :suicide:

You can file a complaint against the dealer through the state at the DMV website: https://www.txdmv.gov/contact-us

You'll need to submit copies of all of the paperwork you received from the dealer and fill out the online form, but it is pretty specific, even going into the number of paper tags that have been issued, etc. I don't know how helpful it would be as far as getting the title paperwork finished, but if the state received enough complaints about the same issue, I could see them looking into it.

Never had this experience at Gulf Coast BMW on the sales and registration process. My experiences are that GCBMW normally submit their title work at the beginning of the following month after the sale. So your registration starts in the month you bought the vehicle and they get there paperwork to you in less than 60 days.

I will say their service department is a bit slow. My latest service came back with my seat off, two brake line clips unhooked, and a stuck turn signal (a checklist item they should have lubed but didn't). Last time they forgot to reset the service indicator. The good news it that the rest was done well. So I guess we have to set the bar a little lower when dealing with MC dealerships - but that certainly would not include a dealer sitting on a registration for 5+ months.

Dealers are why i still service my own bikes. There are a few exceptional ones, of which AF1 and Lonestar lived up to. Most are just looking for our $. Sorry to see Woods sell out along with Georgetown Powersports. It added $60 to a tire quote at which point I said , "no thank you sir".

I have bought four bikes from Woodlands BMW
1999 R1100S smokin deal
2016 K1600GT new but a year old 7K off
2019 R1250gsa discounted fairly
2019 F750gs they made up for another dealers mess and gave me a crazy good deal and delivered it a day early so we could take it to the hill country ( it had to trucked down from Oklahoma)
They drag out the plates for some reason and it drives me crazy
Other than that they bend over backwards IMO
They installed a set of new tires on the GSA vibration was horrible. They replaced tires no questions ask
Had some body work and a front turn signal come loose after they serviced bike (K1600gt). I was in seattle when it came loose. Dealer there fixed it. I brought bill to woodlands BMW and they reimbursed me again no issues
I find them fair and im happy we have them close

I have bought four bikes from Woodlands BMW
1999 R1100S smokin deal
2016 K1600GT new but a year old 7K off
2019 R1250gsa discounted fairly
2019 F750gs they made up for another dealers mess and gave me a crazy good deal and delivered it a day early so we could take it to the hill country ( it had to trucked down from Oklahoma)
They drag out the plates for some reason and it drives me crazy
Other than that they bend over backwards IMO
They installed a set of new tires on the GSA vibration was horrible. They replaced tires no questions ask
Had some body work and a front turn signal come loose after they serviced bike (K1600gt). I was in seattle when it came loose. Dealer there fixed it. I brought bill to woodlands BMW and they reimbursed me again no issues
I find them fair and im happy we have them close
I hope, have some warranty work needing to be done, scared to take it back. I too, have bought 4 there, for some reason. Lol

The only drama that I had from them in my experience has been the license plates. . . Other than that, I was happy with how the deal went including the price they offered me for my trade in, as well as the price on their unit.
Their service department is apparently really busy, because it always seems to take 2-3 weeks for an appointment. Not ideal, but no worse than some other BMW shops I have read about. Over all will continue to use them unless they do something to ruin our business/customer relationship. Just like any other business I frequent. . .

Taking mine in tomorrow, fingers crossed. This is my 4th Beemer, first one to need the shop. Others never saw the dealership again.

Last edited:
Back