• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

BMW r1100rt/1150rt conversion scrambler/ naked bike-Anyone done it

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here and hope this is the right section to post. I have a 99 r1100rt that I don't ride as much due to owning another bikes. I would like to strip it down to bare bones bike. I've seen images of BMW fared bikes stripped to scramblers or naked sport bikes. I would like to try it if possible. I'm more concerned with front end moving oil cooler/ radiator back to frame of bike. A replacement tank maybe a 1100rs tank or any other suggestions. Where to tuck the wiring that is located behind front fairing and windshield, there is a lot off wire. I'm guessing altering rear end may be the easiest, even if I had to chop it off with a solo seat. Am I crazy to even think I can do this? Has anyone done this? If so can you give me suggestions how to do this. Thank you for any help, also I would like to add this is a awesome forum glad I found it last week.

Back