• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

BMW R9T is $7,000 Better than a R1100R ?

Yeah, a clutch @ 23,000 miles is odd.
Also, what is up with the red rear fender? Not a cream puff, but not bad.

But show up with ~$2300 and see what happens.

Red rear fender? You mean the taillight housing? It's kind of an odd shape but that's what BMW put on those bikes.

I've never been a BMW guy (to me BMW always stood for Bearded Motorcycle Weirdo..LOL/JK), but I do love their commitment to their bikes and their business model. Even if you buy an old beater or basket case for next to nothing, you'll always be able to get whatever you need for the bike to restore or repair it. That's admirable to say the least.

These guys built an entire R90S from the PARTS CATALOG. Now that's cool (and expensive). :)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmVBNSjjrRo"]BMW R90S Built From MAX BMW Online Parts Catalog - YouTube[/ame]

Red rear fender? You mean the taillight housing? It's kind of an odd shape but that's what BMW put on those bikes.

So the part highlighted part in yellow is red on all 1050R?

attachment.jpg

I looked online but could not really see any other bikes like this.

I also have tried contacting the guy in College Station about the 1200RS about the mileage, and no response from them.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
We had a BMW service manager present at one of the meeting and parts availability was out to about 30 years on some models. From time to time a few parts get discontinued, the cush drive rubbers for the X come to mind, but even then the aftermarket steps up and fills the gap. What amazes me is that I can still buy stock style coils for my 71 Triumph.

You will never be able to remove enough sparkly bits to get the 1200C anywhere near the 9T or the 1100R

What was your general feeling about it?

What did you like about it? What did you dislike?

Why did you get rid of it?

It was a spur of the moment purchase. I liked what it could become in my mind. It already had custom paint. If I would have kept it I would have put $$$ into it. Semi custom exhaust, seat and tail section.

Then the new triumph thruxton came out. Bought one. I enjoy riding it more than the r9. I like the fit and finish, ride and seating of the thruxton better than the r9. The r9 was at the bottom of the riding rotation. Garage was getting full. R9 got chopped.

For the $ the r9 is not a practical purchase. You could say that about a lot of things though. The thruxton for example isn't practical. For many it fits the style, image, lifestyle visual they like but in a modern bike.

If you love it, get it. They can be had for <10k. If you don't love it buy a Honda rebel and ride the @#$% out of it around town. Just my .02

:tab I can't imagine that they paid full retail for the parts... :brainsnap

Right, I'm sure they got everything at dealer cost; probably an average of 55 percent or so of the retail parts total, which I think was about 46,000 bucks.

:eek:

Thanks for this thread, it's given me a bad idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back