• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bonus pie run, Moab Utah, 5/13/19

Reaction score
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Hogan
Bonus pie run for 2019

Where?
189 S main st
Moab, UT, 84532

web site: moab diner

when: May 13th 2019 @ 12 noon

Map: Moab map

In:

Last edited:
I would LOVE to be able to attend this one!

Who picked the location?

There is great dirt and street riding all around the area.

Mid April to late May is a good to time to visit Moab. It can be cold and snow at higher elevations but still be hot in the lower elevations and around the rivers. I lead a group out there for a week of riding a few years back and we were there the 3rd week of April I think. They got 2" of snow the night before we arrived. That changed our plans a bit, but not too much. We had big adventure bikes as well as smaller 450-650 sized bikes, alternating between big and small bike days.

If you have the time, it is worth the trip!

I have no clue what or where around there but it looks like there is a road east out of Moab that snakes it way into some sort of forest with trails going into some mountains

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have no clue what or where around there but it looks like there is a road east out of Moab that snakes it way into some sort of forest with trails going into some mountains

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You can ride over to Gateway. It is a mix of pavement and dirt, big bike friendly unless it is covered in snow.

3 Step Hideaway is about 50 miles south of Moab in La Salle. Great place to stay for ADV and DS bikes. They have a lot of visitors that do the TAT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am extremely jealous of anyone who can attend. Moab is our all time favorite small town to use as a center for riding. If you're looking for a great place to camp we highly recommend "Up the Creek" campground https://www.moabcampground.com/. An oasis smack dab in the middle of town. Secluded. Well maintained. Inexpensive. The owner is a very helpful and friendly young man. Only a long block from the main drag. Smith's is right there so grocery shopping is a breeze.

Like Gina said....give us 12 months advance warning and will see if we can make our schedules work.

The Dragin Lady and I will likely be attending, albeit in a truck rather than a bike.

We were just there (including the diner) a couple weeks ago, the weather will be choice. With the event ending Friday, y'all will have just enough time to make it down to Flagstaff for Overland Expo.

We will be hanging around Utah and northern Arizona and plan to spend at least a day at the Expo. There are a lot of trails in the area we'd like to explore and I'm not a 100% that we'll be in town for pie. We'll see how it works out.

Pie was good, but the day was great! While Friday was a less then perfect motorcycling day, today made up for it. Good seeing everyone. Be safe out there.

Back