• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Border is open !

Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Muxworthy
Im hearing the border is open. Has anyone been across yet ? Im hoping to get down to Oaxaca and Chiapas in the next month if the stars align and let me in.

It may have been open but you could not get a Visa unless it met criteria. Tourist was not one of them.

Has anyone been across recently and gotten the tickets to ride ?

How about posting your answer so we can all learn what is going on.

Well the answer was not real clear. A few have been back & forth several times with no problems. The news flip flops on "essential travel" and "COVID restrictions" so the best bet is to get all your documents in order and present yourself.
Also depends on where you cross apparently. They are not consistent on the Mexican side.

Of the friends I have that live there, or are traveling there, im told the restrictions on masks and travel vary from state to state.

Since some already have a 180 day ticket... they have not tried getting papers recently as they are set. So I'm just going to go solo & try to get my ticket and if they let me in I'll ride a few days. I'm sure I'll post something. I think / hope it will work out but did not want to make the trip if the answer was a no and I won't feel comfortable giving advice on it till I try.

Answer kinda sucks huh ? All I want to do is ride fast, drink beer and see the sites and senoritas.

That's similar to what i have been hearing. Let us know how it goes.

Back