• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bought a 1250 Bandit / New to Forum

Reaction score
First Name
DEAN
Last Name
BUFFINGTON
New to me 07 1250 Bandit. Just sold my 1998 Honda Valkyrie and bought this Bandit. Valkyrie just got to heavy at age 69 Bandit is just rt and has more power than I've ever had. Live in Mobile Al, for the last 45 years. Love those hurricanes. Been riding bikes all my life. I have owned about 45 motorcycles this Bandit may be the last. Done a lot of mods to it in the last month or so since I have owned it. I worked at Mack Trucks in Mobile for 32 years and retired now. Love to fish and ride motorcycles. I probably will have a lot of questions about this bandit. Rt now I'am thinking about taking the Pair valves off and the smog valve also just a little unsure about it don't want to see a FI light come on due to me doing something wrong. Will need some help from you guys to do that I'am sure. Bought the Bandit in South Bend Indiana and had it shipped down here to Mobile Al, it has 30 thousand miles on it and was a one owner. It has never had one issue with it the previous owner stated. FI light has never came on. For some reason this FI light worries me. First thing I did was replace the fuel pump ( Quantum ) and clean the tank out and a new tea bag. 14 years of dirt in the tank. It is whistle clean now. Looking forward to being a member on this forum. Thanks to all

Dean 07 Zuki

Get the book on it ( Suzuki book not off brand X ) Get a genuine suzuki oil filter , and its tool . Both are a must . tool is 29.xx from on line . here is a link . Do not use a 4 dollar knock off wrench / auto filter on the Bandit ;)

Welcome 07...

Bryan, what is the issue with using a non suzuki oil filter? I have been running a napa gold filter on my bandit for years.

Welcome 07...

Bryan, what is the issue with using a non suzuki oil filter? I have been running a napa gold filter on my bandit for years.
Relief valve pressure, O ring , design , . The K&N and other brands have been a source of motor losses over the years . Mancuso had to buy several Suzuki engines many years ago due to Suzuki refused warranty after they used K&N on new 1st time serviced bikes .
Also Suzuki alows for its oil filter to be run 7000 miles but change oil twice in this time (3500 miles ) some engines are lost due to not tightening the oil filter enough ( why you need Suzuki tool ) to get on / off

Back