• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bought Some hard Saddle bags but no key

Randyjaco

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Jacobs
I just purchased a pair of factory hard bags for my 2010 BMW F800 ST for cheap. These bags are scarcer than hen's teeth. The problem is that the P/O misplaced the key. The bags will open, but I cannot mount them without the key. I tried to remove the locks from the inside, but that is a no go.
Does anybody have any suggestions on how to get these bags functional?

Randy

If there is no code on the lock to order a key, take them to a locksmith. Maybe they can make a key for you.

Well, I finally figured out how to remove the lock cylinders from the saddlebags. Took them down to BMW only to find out that they couldn't rekey them and suggested that I buy new locks with another key. I will have to wait till Monday to find a locksmith that will hopefully be able to rekey them. I really don't want to deal with 2 keys.
I next spent @ 2 hours reassembling the lock mechanism. Not an easy task. So now I have one bag done and one more to reassemble. Word of advice: NEVER DISASSEMBLE SADDLEBAG LOCKS! If you do you will regret it.

Randy

Thanks DU, but I am about 4 hours away from you.

I wish I had found this earlier. Hopefully, it helps someone else.

Randy

Back