• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Brazos Point Bridge-Old and New

pacman

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Found the old Brazos Point bridge on CR1128 south of Cleburne in Johnson County. Anybody know what year this bridge was built and decomissioned?

100_0831.jpg

100_0832.jpg

100_0833.jpg

100_0834.jpg

100_0835.jpg

Here's the map location of the bridge.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Re: Brazon Point Bridge-Old and New

It wasnt very long ago that they decommisioned it, I'll try to find out. I used to have to drive over the old one a couple of times a week on visits to the Brazos Point Quarry. You used to be able to camp there at Bradens Camp in the area under the bridge, good fishing when the water was moving. I've driven over it when water was only 6 or 8 feet from the road surface, makes you nervous.

This is one of my favorite old bridges. I rode across it about a week before it closed. Maybe four years ago??? These are some shots I took April 1. Right after the first real rain storm that came thru earlier this spring.

brazosptflood3.jpg

brazosptflood2.jpg

brazosptflood.jpg

Wow! What a difference a little rain makes!

Nice pics.:thumb:

That bridge was always fun to cross. I built a house down that way and crossed it all the time for a number of years. The faster you went, the more fun it was. :eek2:

Nice to know when the new one was commissioned. I went through there about a year and a half ago and was bummer to see what had transpired.

Yeah, especially if you're coming from the west. Steep dive down then flatten out to cross the river.

I just found the old Brazos Point bridge and have a question. There is a memorial plaque to a young man on the bridge.

I googled his name and the bridge and got nothing. Did he fall from the bridge in 2006?

Ron

Back