• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Brazos River Brisket House (Ride to Eat)

CR 25 is one of the only “twisty” roads we have around these parts. Lots of squared off tires down here.
I've rode that and CR 48 so much over the last 10+ years I've probably worn my own groove in them... one of these days I'll leave the boring south side of town, lol.

Thanks @Tigerkf for the suggestion.
It was a short ride for me today, liked the place and the bbq.

Attachments

• FA909AC4-F580-4DEE-B139-02F277A6EA3B.jpeg
    FA909AC4-F580-4DEE-B139-02F277A6EA3B.jpeg
    791.7 KB · Views: 88
I took a ride out there myself yesterday. $20 for two meat plate and drink when all was said and done. Gave me an excuse for a ride. There were probably 4 groups of people there when I went for lunch. Weather was perfect

I took a ride out there myself yesterday. $20 for two meat plate and drink when all was said and done. Gave me an excuse for a ride. There were probably 4 groups of people there when I went for lunch. Weather was perfect
Is that expensive? Not much of a BBQ guy. I pass it all the time, never really thought about stopping. Might try it.

Is that expensive? Not much of a BBQ guy. I pass it all the time, never really thought about stopping. Might try it.
Yes, compared to what it was just a coupe of years ago it’s expensive. BBQ stops are typically in the same ballpark price wise. I‘d pick up a two meat plate two sides and a drink here in Houston for $14 and some change. It’s a sign of the times we are in. I nearly passed out when I saw the prices for steak at Costco.

The brisket I just did was 75 bucks, where before it was around 50-55$. Stiff middle fingers to DC.
I’m not sure where the price hikes are coming from, but I don’t believe it’s the ranchers who are making the money. Dad has a small heard that he keeps on the family farm, and he commented today over lunch that his last sell at auction really wasn’t much different than it was any other year. I’m supposed to help him round up the next group for auction in a few weeks so I guess we will see if anything has changed since the first of the year

Even though I started this thread, I'm not much of a BBQ guy either. Don't get me wrong I like some good BBQ but to me the best BBQ is just BBQ. It will never be mind blowing like some other meals I've had. Of course I am a self-professed foodie!

Back